migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wondering how to take something....

+3
CluelessKitty
AuntieBubbs
HeelerLady
7 posters

Go down

Wondering how to take something.... Empty Wondering how to take something....

Post  HeelerLady Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:58 pm

I almost always post on my Facebook status how I'm doing for the day. Quite a few people I work with are friends and it's a way to communicate my whereabouts without making a zillion calls (I have a strange work situation). At any rate, when I broke off my engagement I never deleted my ex-fiance from my friends list. I haven't heard much from him in the last 2 years, until recently. He noticed my "whereabouts postings" and asked if I was okay. Just brief dialogues here and there. Then today...well things aren't so hot - front moving through and brought it's usual misery. A friend was commiserating and I posted a response...something to the effect that about to have my second cup of coffee and then see how things were.

He then posts "you do know that coffee isn't good for migraines, right?" Evil or Very Mad I scraped myself off the ceiling (there's a back story here...he and his mother were always right about everything and I was never right - reason he's an ex). I posted a non-snarky response that that's wrong. Many M drugs have caffeine in them. Yes too much can cause problems but my doctor has okayed my fix and it actually helps.

I'm probably being overly sensitive but it just irks me. I don't know if he's attempting to be helpful or if he's trying to be "right".

Thanks for listening to my mini-rant. Smile

However... pale I think I may have to give in and take a triptan - sudden very unpleasant wave of nausea. Darn!
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Wondering how to take something.... Empty Re: Wondering how to take something....

Post  AuntieBubbs Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:24 pm

That would bug me too. Caffeine often helps my migraine.
I think its "an old wives' tale" that caffeine isn't good for migraines.
He's not your fiance anymore, so it's none of his business really, anyway! You can be snarky if you want. Wink
And I hope the triptan makes your head feel better. Smile
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Wondering how to take something.... Empty Re: Wondering how to take something....

Post  HeelerLady Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:47 pm

The whole caffeine thing. We were discussing this in another thread. Some people it helps and others it doesn't. But drinking a whole pot every day - probably not a good idea (like any other substance...possibility of rebound). I wasn't a coffee drinker until I had constant migraines. I do wonder if people assume it's bad because it is a trigger for some. Then assume it's bad for all because of this.

Any way - you are right...he should mind his own beeswax. He's lucky I didn't erase him...the grief he caused me. But I'm over him...one to bigger and better things (literally Twisted Evil ).

And as for the snarky...yes I could but I choose to be the bigger person and won't stoop to playing games. But I have my fathers temper - very short fuse and often have to peel myself off the ceiling and count to 20.

The triptan...helped some but I hate taking them. I haven't given it enough time to work but I always get this tightening right in front of my ears and this very thirsty feeling (not true thirst as drinking doesn't get rid of it). Hopefully this will knock it down and I can go into work tomorrow. Very Happy
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:06 am

Ah, he just a speck on your carpet, would you talk back to the speck Laughing

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:13 am

He's just an uninformed know it all... They are best ignored. It takes all the power away from them when you ignore them. Plus is has the added effect of ticking them of as they are NOT to be ignored! They know everything, right? Twisted Evil
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:32 pm

"Know It All" non-migrainers are a hassle ... especially when the "know-it-all" is an "ex."

Let it go. there is no good that can come of educating him, responding to him, conversing with him. Can't change the past, only the "right now." And right now, I ask you ....

Do you want this man in your life in any sense? If not, why converse with him at all.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. It put it all into perspective. I know I can't change the past...if I could - wow there are a lot of things I would. But then I wouldn't be the person I am, and I like me. Smile

Richard...you have an excellent point. One that requires pondering...I don't have an answer at the moment. I guess that is a chapter in my life that lasted 7 years and I haven't quite come to terms with closing it. Not that things would change - it's sort of like a loss. I'm probably not making any sense but it's something to for me to work out. Relationships are rarely cut and dried for me - there's always a bit of a mess.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:39 pm

CluelessKitty wrote:Ah, he just a speck on your carpet, would you talk back to the speck Laughing

Risa

I love that!

I heard one once about taking trash to the curb.

Once you drag trash to the curb, do you start yelling at it or walk away?
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Unfriend him. He'll never know.

£eslie
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:31 pm

yeah, imagine the garbage truck taking your trash away forever and ever, and ever! Very Happy

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:00 pm

LOL Risa, You've never seen me home alone all day. I probably would talk to the specks on the floor if they'd talk back Very Happy

Seriously, good point. Richard's too. But I hear ya, HL. Logically we ladies know we're better off without the ex'es, but I know I'm one of those people who still have one or two slinking around some of the time too. Not to be in a relationship with, but kind of like a bad habit to quit, like smoking. Razz
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:33 am

Bubbs...yeah I don't know entirely why we keep them around. But I guess it's been as long as they aren't currently causing grief, why mess with it. If they turn into a pain, just delete - obviously. Can't tell I'm very passive-aggressive can you? Razz
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down