migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Constant body chills!

+10
Paradox
Mule Kick
CluelessKitty
Stillhurtin
AuntieBubbs
HeelerLady
alli
lesherb
pen
LG
14 posters

Go down

Constant body chills! - Page 2 Empty Re: Constant body chills!

Post  Stillhurtin Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:03 pm

lovegia wrote:
I'm getting chills though when I'm not cold though. I can be sweating hot and still get chills. It is like the feeling you get when you listen to a really good song, or something hits you that is really motivational or whatever..only over and over and over again. You'd think it'd be cool the way i'm describing but it really isn't. It sucks major big time.

Ohh. So really it's getting goosebumps not necessarily chills, per se. I think ppl hear chills and think cold/chilly. But you are only getting the goosebumps part.

Hmmm. Maybe if it is a PFO thing they'll be able to tell you more when you go for the test? I have many symptoms consistent with PFO, however, my neuro told me that the closure procedure was not scientifically proven effective enough to treat Migraines, just a crap shoot at this point. I looked it up and talked to a few people who have had PFO closure, and 1 was the same in terms of M and 2 were WORSE off. I looked into the research and understood my docs point of view and did not want to go down that road.

That was a year and a half ago, tho, so maybe things have changed? I was eager to potentially have something tangible to diagnose and treat and maybe even try to fix, but then cancelled the test as I did not feel like it would lead me anywhere productive.

That's just me tho. Not judging you or your situation. I know we are all different. And all docs are different as well. If I had a doc who was eager to find out if I had that and supportive of the closure procedure, I may be in a different boat.
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Constant body chills! - Page 2 Empty Chills......Brrrr!

Post  Hal Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Gia,

Try soaking in a hot bath. Sometimes chills can be caused by poor circulation. There have been times when that was the only way I could get warm. That was after spending all day and half the night skating on Lake Ellen in Glen Ellyn, Il.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Hehe Hal, wish it was only for a day now. This has been going on for about three weeks. Shocked I have tried hot baths and hot showers, they usually insensify the chills believe it or not.

I don't get goosebumps on my skin either, Jess. It's like fever chills but without the fever. Ach this is strange I guess I am really a weirdo!

As for the PFO I think another study has come out but it was small. It did show promising results for us migraneurs though. Real promising results. I think the main reason PFO is being investigated in my case is because of the risk of ministrokes. My doctor thinks because of my cognitive and spelling problems as of late I have been having TIA so he wants to check for PFO and ministrokes by doing a bubble study. If I do have a medium to large PFO and have had TIA then he is going to suggest closing the PFO to minimize the risk of a full blown stroke. An added bonus would be hopefully a reduction in migraines, although I'm not counting on it. I think my migraines are hereditary and hormonal. It is a good thing to know about though, this PFO business..any new information is good information! Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:58 pm

LG, sorry, I thought chills meant you were cold! LOL Definitely ask the dr. if they are medicine and/or migraine related. I wonder if it's topomax related.

You must have quite a list for the dr. by now! Oh my. I'll think on this and see if I can find anything out though.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Constant body chills! - Page 2 Empty Chills

Post  Hal Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Gia,

You're just wierd. Smile Maybe it is drug related. If you live in NY with all of the snow and cold you guys have had I'd have more than the chills. This is the first mention I have heard of it being caused by M. Obviously, I have no idea what I am talking about. Wish I could help. I'll just send good thoughts your way and maybe it will go away.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Sorry, bad head. Will keep it short. I get terrible chills when I have a bad M. The meds make them go away. Also, I htink Stadol and Fiorocet with codeine hit the same receptors in your brain. If it is withdrawals either drug would alleviate the symptoms. Withdrawals can last several weeks. There are some things that can help if that is the problem. Everyone experiences withdrawals differently and when it happens to me the first symptom is the sweating.

good luck.

Mary Anne
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:23 am

LG,

Are your lymph glands swollen? Chills and sweats can be a symptom of your body trying to fight off something. Also, thyroid problems.

However, I sometimes get chills right before escalation of my migraine. Sometimes I just get so cold I can't get warm no matter how many blankets and how many layers of clothing I put on. I often use the heating pad just to try to warm my body, especially hands and feet. Once I take an abortive med, I usually go to the opposite extreme and have a hot flash.

I hope the weird chills stop and you can continue to have some pain-free days. Might be a good idea, however, to see your primary care provider just for a checkup.

Please take care,

Becky I love you flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:27 pm

During a bad migraine I seem to lose the ability to control my body temperature. Sometimes I get chills, but mostly I am really hot and feel feverish, but my body temperature doesn't actually change. My preference is for heat to help my migraines (most people seem to want cool packs), so maybe I just go the opposite way temperature wise?!

When I use midrid one of the main side effects I get from it as it works is feeling really cold to my core.

None of this changed with PFO closure for me either so maybe not the link, but who knows.

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down