migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dizzy and blurred vision then BAD headache-Thoughts?

2 posters

Go down

dizzy and blurred vision then BAD headache-Thoughts? Empty dizzy and blurred vision then BAD headache-Thoughts?

Post  stolson27 Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:42 am

I had a "different" kind of headache yesterday. I am a longtime migraine suffered. I get your typical migraine with visual aura and sometimes migraine with no aura. Yesterday was different. My headaches are almost always left sided. Yesterday, my jaw temple hurt a little. I remember complaining a bit to my husband. I did not think migraine because I am always left sided. Anyway, I was driving to boyscouts and i started getting dizzy or sort of blurry. It is like when I moved my eyes, i would get blurry. I felt like I was drunk. I called my husband (yes, I know, driving while dizzy while on the cell phone, nice). He said just get of the road, which I did. I was nearly to boy scouts. Boyscouts was at a fire department so I figured if I was having a stroke, at least I was surrounded by EMTs. Anyway, the blurry thing passed and then I got hammered with right sided pain. And I mean bad. Bad as I have had in a long time. Managed throug boyscouts, got home, took some stadol, pain went away. And I actally do not feel to bad today. Thoughts? This was very different for me.

stolson27

Back to top Go down

dizzy and blurred vision then BAD headache-Thoughts? Empty Re: dizzy and blurred vision then BAD headache-Thoughts?

Post  LG Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:49 am

Many people do get auras just like this, myself included. I do recommend you talk to your doctor about getting an MRI or scan done just in case since different symptoms have shown up to rule out the possibility of a stroke. It is better to be safe than sorry.

I would call the office today. I believe there is a window of time where they can treat you for stroke. If that window passes there is not much they can do. I am not trying to freak you out because it sounds completely normal to me, but hey..like I said it is better safe than sorry, right? Smile

Keep us posted!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

dizzy and blurred vision then BAD headache-Thoughts? Empty https://migrainepage.forumotion.net/migraines-f1/dizzy-and-blurred-vision-then-bad-headache-thoughts-t450.htm#4577

Post  stolson27 Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:31 pm

So I did call my Dr. She said that sometimes migraines can be different but that if I had another one like this, we would MRI. I don't want my headaches to be different. I know how to handle the ones I have had forever. I don't want them to change (except for maybe going away).

stolson27

Back to top Go down

dizzy and blurred vision then BAD headache-Thoughts? Empty Re: dizzy and blurred vision then BAD headache-Thoughts?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down