migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad, Bad migraine- need advice/ vent

2 posters

Go down

Bad, Bad migraine- need advice/ vent Empty Bad, Bad migraine- need advice/ vent

Post  sailingmuffin Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:01 am

Hi All,
to
I have had a pretty bad one for a few days, but this morning it just really hit me! It is that horrible "Colt-45" type headache and I just don't know what toi do or if anything can be done anymore.

At this point- I usually try either steroids or an IV of Depakan.

My only problem with the IV is that it hasn't been working as well and I am going on a trip in two weeks. I'm a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding and from there, I will meet my family in the mountains. Usually, I can make it through things and the headache gets bad after any big event. So I am kind of trying to save the IV because I will probably need it then. I can only get one every 4-6 weeks and the last few haven't been that effective.

I could do a short course of steroids and probably will. I do have some on hand- so probably best to knock it out that way.

I just hate this whole situation with a passion. The pain is still bad- the meds- Tylenol 3, ultram, klonopin, and benedryl are helping a bit, but not enough. I am on long acting Ultram as well. It does work some and is better for me than the most of the longer acting narcotics- and I don't want to go back on those unless I have to..
e
I guess the only thing to do is try to distract myself somehow, take the meds and the steroids, curl up with Dora and ice packs and wait it out. Maybe a nap this afternoon and a small dose of zanaflex will help.

Thanks for listening.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Bad, Bad migraine- need advice/ vent Empty Re: Bad, Bad migraine- need advice/ vent

Post  Mini Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:31 pm

I am sorry about your bad pain at such inconvenient time, too.
When you mention steroids do you mean orally or in injection form? I find that when everything else fails and I need to break a bad cycle, oral steroid always work. Of course I only do it when I absolutely have to, for whatever reason, because I terrified of s/e.

I find injection to the base of the skull often helps, but not every time - I think it rather depends who gives it. YOU can take it, I am told, every 3 month. Perhaps you might find it helpful, too.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Bad, Bad migraine- need advice/ vent Empty Re: Bad, Bad migraine- need advice/ vent

Post  sailingmuffin Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi,

Thanks so much for the advice. I decided to take a short course of steroids yesterday and it has helped some. I also changed a few settings on my stimulator which helps some. I am currently doing Botox injections everyt three months. I think the next one is scheduled for August.

If it is still really bad tomorrow, I might see about the IV. I hate to do it, but will if I have to. The only other thing is to hope the steroids kick in more, get plenty of rest, distract myself, and curl up with Dora.

Any other advice appreciated.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down