migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad m- need advice and vent

3 posters

Go down

Bad m- need advice and vent Empty Bad m- need advice and vent

Post  sailingmuffin Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:24 am

Hi All,

It is 6 am here and for the second night in a row, the pain woke me up about five am.

The M is hovering around a 9 with meds- Tylenol 3, klonopin, and benedryl. They aren't really helping a lot at the moment. I have used up most of the things in my bag of tricks right now. I have had two courses of decadron in the last three weeks and both helped for a while. (I take a 24 hr course of decadron as it works better for me than prednisone.)

I think it is probably time for an IV of Depakan. I have been trying to hold this off for as long as possible. (The IVs weren't helping a great deal and when this happens, I usually have to take a break for a few months. I had the last one in July, so I think it would be safe to try one now. I usually need a break of about 3 months when this happens. I will call my neuro today and see if I can get the ball rolling on this. (I usually get them at the IV center here in town. Much less stressful than ER. I am hoping to get in early next week and in the meantime ask if I can do anything else to help it or tide me over till next week.

Fortunately, I only have two things I really need to do today. I have training (excercize/ strength training) this morning. I work with a trainer who understands both the migraine and fainting situations- so on days like this, we stick to really simple stuff and it does help some. I also have to run by my parents house to fill out some follow up paperwork for disability. (I would put this off, but I need to get it in and it shouldn't be too difficult to do.) If the headache gets worse, i can do it on saturday.

All I really want to do is curl up in a ball and rest, which I can do if needed. Maybe watch something brainless. I may also see if my parents will lend me Max for the day/night. He is our standard poodle and for some reason dogs just make me feel a little better.

I just hate it when it gets to this point and I don't know what to do. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks for letting me vent- no clue what I;d do without y'all

Pain free days,
sailingm

sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Bad m- need advice and vent Empty Re: Bad m- need advice and vent

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:36 pm

Hope you are able to get the IV soon. Just holding out while in such pain seems senseless. Feel better soon! sunny
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for letting me vent.

I spoke to my neuro's office and then got a call from the IV center asking me if I could come at 1 on Tuesday- Yes! Very Happy Very Happy I hope it will work well.

Last night was horrendous- I coulldn't sleep at all due to pain. I finally gave up and took one zanaflex, which helped some. I think I will stick to the zanaflex tonight so I can get some sleep.

I am hanging in there.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:50 am

Hi All,

I was able to get the IV of Depakan on Tuesday it has helped tremendously. So now, the only thing to do is enjoy some of the less pain time and deal with it all again soon.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:37 am

Great to hear that your pain is better.......we do need to remember to enjoy the time when our pain is better!
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down