migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really bad M today- need advice and vent

4 posters

Go down

Really bad M today- need advice and vent Empty Really bad M today- need advice and vent

Post  sailingmuffin Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi All,

The migraine has been truly horrendous for the past few days. I accidently forgot to put my CPAP on night before last, and I know that is contributing to that. The fainting has also been bad-Dora my service dog is with the trainer for a few weeks and that means that I am fainting more than I have been.

Anyway, I woke up at 330 this morning with a really bad one. I did take a little extra zanaflex and was able to sort of sleep for an hour or so. By eight, the pain was so bad that the ER started to sound good. I didn't end up going as I hate ER trips and I am not sure what they would do. I had some old morphine buried in my medicine chest and took that and it helped. I also started on Decadron and have a call in to the neuroo about an IV of depakan.

I am just so tired of all of this- the headache, the fainting, everything. I haven't been able to function at all really for the last two days. I have basically been watching something or coloring today. I am hoping the steroid course will help and that I can get in for an IV early next week. I have taken all the meds I can take and am trying to get the usual distrations to help. I just hate this.

Any ideas?
Thanks for letting me vent.

pain free days,
sailing
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Really bad M today- need advice and vent Empty Really Bad M Today

Post  Cookie Monster Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi Sailingmuffin,

So sorry to hear that you've been having such a rough time. I don't have any advice to offer other than the usual "Hang in there". I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cookie Monster

Back to top Go down

Really bad M today- need advice and vent Empty Re: Really bad M today- need advice and vent

Post  Migrainegirl Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Well you have lots of empathy here! Have you thought any more about looking into Emory? You need some new options for finding a solution. I'm sure you will be happy when Dora gets back.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Really bad M today- need advice and vent Empty Re: Really bad M today- need advice and vent

Post  sailingmuffin Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:40 am

Hi All,

Thanks so much for the support. I am not sure what I would do without y'all.

I had an IV of Depakan on Tuesday and it has helped some. I am also going to go see Dora- my amazing service dog- tomorrow.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:51 am

Sorry to hear of all this....

There seems to be something about that 3 a.m. hour. I had the same thing this morning, but I used a tramadol yesterday. Made me feel so good and productive, but boy I paid for it this morning. Like you the e.r. sounded good, but I absolutley hate going there and my hubby really couldn't miss work, so I got out my bag of drugs..... took me almost 4 hours to get it under control.

I don't faint like you do.... feel for you and saying a special prayer this morning for you....so sorry!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down