migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No idea why they come, but why do they go?

5 posters

Go down

No idea why they come, but why do they go? Empty No idea why they come, but why do they go?

Post  pen Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:04 pm

I have a strange thing with my migraines . They come every every 3 days or so for 12/14 days.
Then I get a break, where I still have my myofascial pain (but dont always take anything).
This can be 4/8 days (not more than 6 since the winter).
I was just wondering. Dont have any idea why they come...but why do they go....
Obviously I am glad they do, but if I knew how I did it, I would do it all the time...LOL
Night.

Last edited by pen on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

pen

Back to top Go down

No idea why they come, but why do they go? Empty Re: No idea why they come, but why do they go?

Post  theresae Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:27 am

No idea pen sorry, i am baffled to at the comings and goings of my M attacks, i know some of mine are hormonally driven, and some by tiredness and the wrong foods, but another time i can be shattered and eat the "wrong" stuff and wake up the next morning full of energy and ready to go, another day i do all the "right" things and the following morning crawl out of bed like a 90 year women,

complete mystery to me!!
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

No idea why they come, but why do they go? Empty Re: No idea why they come, but why do they go?

Post  Ivy Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:59 am

Good point, never thought of it...
Maybe because the conditions that triggered the attack are no longer there?
Bye
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:22 am

I had that break around the holidays that lasted a good 3 weeks where I was in constant "trigger" territory (what is claimed to be triggers anyway) and never felt better. Now they have come back but too early to see if they are as often as they were which was 3-4 a week. Explain that one. I think for me it is hormones period and that even though I am past menopause, the hormones are still doing their flipflops.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:34 am

Linda, I am sorry you are off your "break", but at least you know now that this can happend. It happened once, it can happen again. I got 10 days last August (not pain free, but Triptan free). I have no idea how or why that occured.
Wish I did. I would love to have that now, 3 days off Triptan is the best I can do at the moment and that is only since see-sawing the last 12 days.
I thought things were bad 3 years ago when I got breaks of 5/8 days.
Little did I know that in 3 short years I would be down to 3/4 days and constant pain in between.
BUT there is a reason. Why oh why cant they find it...
P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:38 am

It is beyond me why they can't figure it out. They can send man to the moon. This seems a heck of a lot easier to figure out than that since they have been around for thousands of years.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:53 am

I am sure money is at the root of it Linda. It always turns out to be money or politics or both.
If they truly analysed us all, there is a common denominator,there has to be.

People keep saying its not curable, I dont think thats true, I think they havent found the cure.
We have to travel hopefully.....dont we....
But then how hard have they tried, and if you consider the enormous amount the drug companies are getting by not finding a cure....
Sorry to sound cynical, but its just my opinion.
P scratch

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:57 am

I do believe there is a cure also or at least a solution to live pain free for all people with migraine. I agree with you that we have a common denominator that they haven't figured out.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:04 pm

I really hope they figure it out soon. I'm getting really mad at my head. Mad

Starting to loose patience over here...
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:05 pm

lovegia wrote:I really hope they figure it out soon. I'm getting really mad at my head. Mad

Starting to loose patience over here...

We should run a poll,
Who has had enough of being treated like a self inflicted leper??

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:46 pm

dont want to offend anyone here, but i have sometimes wondered if migraine which predominantly affects women were to affect men in the same numbers, would there of been alot more money and time invested in it by now. Bare with me here, what i mean is that if men took a few days off every couple of months because of migraines, i think many businesses couldnt cope with that, and i think it would cost the economy many more millions, and therefore it would be top of the agenda, for government and medical research,

maybe i need to get out more and see things from a different prospective, but in my household for example, my husband has had 2 days off sick in 18 years, last year alone i had 7 weeks off, due to migraine and another 2 days for coughs and colds,

i also know that if i didnt have migraine i would work 3 days a week instead of 2 but i am just about holding on to my job by the skin of my teeth, so darent push my luck by trying to add another day to it.

i would like to add that i have nothing but the upmost respect for all of my fellows posters here regardless of gender, and wish a cure willbe found soon for us all.
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:01 pm

No no, I agree. I think that your right, if more men got migraines it probably would be more addressed. You know what though, if more people had chronic migraines in general, it would be more addressed. We are a minority, lets face it. I don't know anyone offline who suffers like I do. (besides my hypochondriac SIL who pretends to get bad migraines because I have them...ugh)

It's funny, too. I know this doesn't apply to all men but my husband is a giant pussface when it comes to pain. He gets a bad headache and automatically calls it a migraine. It drives me up a wall. My first question is always, is it one sided or all over your head? It is always all over. I know they are tension headaches by where the pain is and how he describes them.

I give him my fioricet for them and usually it dulls them a bit. I gave him a treximet for a legitimate migraine and it worked. I never let his migraines get unbearable before I medicate him. He is lucky I have a stash of triptans that doctors keep giving me. I know they don't work for me but they are handy for his once a year migraines. He has never had to deal with a full blown attack. If he ever had to, I bet he'd try poking his eye out with silverware.

I wonder what he'd do if he had to care for our screaming bundle of joy with a full blown migraine all the time. It really isn't too fun. I bet you if all men had to do what I do there would be a cure already. I cry at least twice a week because I give up. I try to be positive for everyone else but if you all saw me at my weak moments it would break hearts. Crying or Very sad
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down