migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any idea what I was ingected with

+4
Sara79
Ivy
theresae
Peter_sky
8 posters

Go down

Any idea what I was ingected with Empty Any idea what I was ingected with

Post  Peter_sky Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:01 am

On Tuesday am I decided to pay a visit to our local A&E, not because I had a bad M but I could not get an appointment with my GP for over a week and I was feeling off balance. They ran load of blood tests etc and chest xray just to be safe. The doc asked if I had a M at the moment I said I felt I may have one coming on but it was OK, but he said lets play safe and give you something. In came a nurse and gave me two different injections in the bum, och! Silly me but I didn't ask what they where, the thing is the M never came and I have been vertically pain free ever since, it maybe coincidence, it maybe the Petadolex I have been taking for just over a week, but I was wondering what they gave me. She did say it wasn't morphine, I asked that and she did say one of the injections could thin my blood a bit so to keep a tissue on it, any ideas?

Peter
Peter_sky
Peter_sky

Back to top Go down

Any idea what I was ingected with Empty Re: Any idea what I was ingected with

Post  theresae Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:03 am

Working in a hospital but (not a registered nurse) i do know that if a patient has had morphine they need to stay in hospital for 4 hours afterwards so if you went straight home it wasnt that, i am sure that applies to pethidine as well, clexane thins blood, but not sure of the link between that and a migraine,it also stings like hell when they inject it, i wonder if one would of been an anti emetic, (anti sickness), one could of been tramadol, or diclofenic, if you left after your x ray it would not of been something heavy duty, i am sure someone else will have a good idea of what it was,
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:21 am

It might be Toradol.
Here migraine sufferers who run to the ER are normally treated with a shot of toradol after a neuro has quickly diagnosed that it's not a stroke
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:38 am

Yes, if I or DH get 2 injections, they are usually torodol and phenergrin. (Sorry if my spelling's atrocious, I'm struggling today). Phenergrin, aka compazine, burns when they inject it. Torodol didn't used to, but the most recent batches the doc's office has gotten have burned too.

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Theresa, the four hour rule about morphine isn't universal. I never have to wait four hours. Usually it's just about one hour after the first dose, and if I need a second dose, they'll send me home almost right away so that I will have time to get to bed and to sleep before it wears off. And if I get one of my regularly scheduled injections at my PCP's office, they don't make me wait because they know me so well.

This isn't to help with the original question, but I thought I'd just add my experience to the overall comments.
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:52 pm

I don't understand why they wouldn't tell you.

Are there privacy issues in your country? If not, try calling the emergency department and asking.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:03 pm

If I read the original post right, it wasn't a case of they wouldn't tell him, it was a case of he forgot to ask?
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  kathy Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:05 pm

I'm not sure either. Did you get any instructions to not drive from drowsiness? Dryness of mouth?
Please find out for yourself and us. I would love to know the meds you were given so we can keep them in mind.
kathy

kathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down