migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

try a Certified Nurse Practioner

5 posters

Go down

try a Certified Nurse Practioner Empty try a Certified Nurse Practioner

Post  gardner50 Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:23 pm

I have been to at lest 9 neurologist, 2 Drs. that specialized in Migraines, a chicropractor and many primary care physcians. and they all dropped me saying "There was nothing more they could do for me". But I am now seeing 2 Certified Nurse practioners. They can prescribe drugs just like a Dr. except they don't carry that feeling they went to med school and now they are the almighty. One of my CNP is my primary care physcian and the other I see about my migraines. He specialized in Pscyology. I just see him for my meds. But he is willing to work with me to come up with the med combination that works. Every Dr. I have seen doesn't give a shit. But my CNP's are determined to make me better. Also your insurance covers CNP's.

gardner50

Back to top Go down

try a Certified Nurse Practioner Empty Re: try a Certified Nurse Practioner

Post  BabySeal Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:02 pm

I have also had really good experiences in the past with CRNP's ! Sadly I no longer see mine because she went on a couple year sabattical trip overseas to do some kind of work... I went off after that and never reconnected with her after that.

I feel that in many cases, at least with the CRNP's I have personally seen, they have gone above and beyond!

I never thought about seeing one specifically for migraines. Thanks fornthe recommendation.

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

try a Certified Nurse Practioner Empty a novel idea

Post  chelle8178 Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Like BS said, I have never really thought of seeing a CNP for the migraines but have had positive experiences with them in the past. This could be a very good idea! I am fed up with my, now, 4th neurologist, who, now will not return my calls and doesn't seem to care that I am on an endless cycle of migraines and have been taking Zomig and Topamax every single day for the past three months and cannot get any relief!!!
chelle8178
chelle8178

http://fuzzyredbees.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

try a Certified Nurse Practioner Empty c n p

Post  gardner50 Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 am

You should be able to find one on the net>

gardner50

Back to top Go down

Post  mmisty Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:18 am

I am followed by a CNP in a Headache Clinic. I have found her very helpfull.

mmisty

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:41 am

great idea! my history includes multitudes of neuros, chiros, practitioners of every kind. on a couple of occasions i had access to lovely nurse-practitioners, but both went on to higher medical training.

now i think i'll search again for one. they have so much more TIME to listen, seem way more compassionate, and yet do have access to the doctors in their practice if they are stumped. we here seem to stump a lot of people, don't we?? dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down