migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here- an introduction

2 posters

Go down

New here- an introduction Empty New here- an introduction

Post  Galeo Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:26 am

I am so glad to find places with people who have my problems. So few people understand what i go thru.

Ever since I had a concussion on Christmas night I am just not right. I have had this feeling on and off before that but it has been non stop since the 25th. It is all migraine symptoms for me but i have never had them last so many days in a row.

After what I call a grand mal migraine where I have almost every symptom I get and very bad it takes days to weeks to feel normal again.

About me.

Migraines since childhood. They have changed several times over the years. Started with head ache. Late 20's holes in vision, tingly or numb hands and half of face then mild head ache behind/over one eye. Light sensitive after and difficulty focusing my eyes for a day or so.

Mid late 30's the stroke like migraines started and the frequency increased. Mid 40's the just shoot me know head aches started along with everything else. My recover time increased.

I was able to stop working several years ago and my frequency went down I think because and could nap if I needed it, be in a quieter place if I needed it, avoid vision overload if I needed to. I volunteer a lot and work from home but on my schedule. I am very lucky.

Even with all that I am at my witts end lately and went looking for help and found this. Very Happy Thank you!

Galeo

Back to top Go down

New here- an introduction Empty Re: New here- an introduction

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:36 pm

If you are having new/worse symptoms since your concusion, you should definitely consult your physician. It may not be just a regular migraine.

(And welcome to the forum!)
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down