migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rose tinted photochromatic glasses ?

5 posters

Go down

Rose tinted photochromatic glasses ? Empty Rose tinted photochromatic glasses ?

Post  dizzyflower Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:43 am

I had a brainwave today that I should try rose tinted photochromatic glasses rather than just rose tint on it's own. Apparently they exist in America but the optician says you can't get them in the uK yet. So do they exist, does anybody have them? And if they have them what are they called so I can try to find them. It seems lately that everything I need isn't available in the UK. The rose tint helps me a lot.

regards

Di

Last edited by dizzyflower on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I missed a bit of information)

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Rose tinted photochromatic glasses ? Empty Re: Rose tinted photochromatic glasses ?

Post  Laura Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:03 pm

They say they ship internationally. If you order them - please post your experience.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Rose tinted photochromatic glasses ? Empty thankyou laura

Post  dizzyflower Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:09 am

I will give them a try. I was just about to try asking my uncle in Canada if he had seen any but I am not sure he would know really what I was talking about as he isn't a migraine sufferer.

I will post back about how I get on.

regards

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Rose tinted photochromatic glasses ? Empty I have had a look

Post  dizzyflower Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:30 am

They seem to do outdoor and indoor glasses, not photo chromatic. So the search is still on.

I have light pink ones for indoors and darker ones that are just from goggles4u, but they can't do photo chromatic pink which is my problem, because sometimes I need it to get darker like reactions lenses and end up with the light pink on when I pop out the kitchen to do the recycling for example then wonder why my eyes are struggling. I can't keep changing my glasses all the time. I have ended up with 5 different sets for different circumstances and seem to regularly end up with the wrong things on my nose.

what I need is light pink ones that react to light and get darker as needed.

regards

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Rose tinted photochromatic glasses ? Empty Another spot

Post  freak032173 Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:44 am

I know this place sells glasses. Both prescription and non. Perhaps they can help. http://www.zennioptical.com/
freak032173
freak032173

Back to top Go down

Rose tinted photochromatic glasses ? Empty Re: Rose tinted photochromatic glasses ?

Post  Jewishmother Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:11 pm

I have rose/grey tinted glasses.....the problem for me with the photochromatic glasses is that they just dont get dark enough for the sunlight.........I just always keep handy sunglasses that clip onto my glasses and pop them on when I am headed out.
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Rose tinted photochromatic glasses ? Empty pink photochromic lenses

Post  Hart Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi all, this is Hart from TheraSpecs. I just wanted to say that when I was trying to figure out what I was going to try to make for my wife Kerrie (she's the original reason I started making TheraSpecs) I looked into photochromic lenses. Unfortunately, the lenses in the clinical studies (and in TheraSpecs) are a much dustier pink than the pure pink in any photochromic lens I could find and so they don't block the same wavelengths. I believe the reason is that the way photochromic lenses work limits their choices of color pretty seriously. (A brief but good explanation of how photochromic lenses work can be found on the How Stuff Works website.)

That said, if anyone find photochromic lenses that seem to help with their migraines I would *love* to know so I could at least get some to try for Kerrie!

In any case, I did a lot of reading about lenses and migraines when looking for something for Kerrie and would be happy to share whatever I learned--about TheraSpecs or not. Let me know if you have any questions (via PM here, email from the web site, or on the forum itself.

--Hart

Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down