migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting glasses prescription right with daily migraine

2 posters

Go down

getting glasses prescription right with daily migraine Empty getting glasses prescription right with daily migraine

Post  dizzyflower Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:46 am

I wondered if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I used to go to the optitian and have prety much the same galses prescription for 15 years, but,,

In the last year I've been back 3 times and have got 3 different sets of glasses, all of which are not doing the trick. I can't focus on close work like I used to with any ov them. one set makes my left eye hurt after a few hours, the other makes my right eye hurt, and the third set makes them generally ache.

I find it really difficult going to the optitians in the first place and never know if I am going to be OK totake the appointment, so am reliant on the opticians you can see without appointment, like at the supermarket. They are all qwualified of course, but you never see the same one again as they seem to rely on agency staff.

Sorry for spelling errors wherever they are, I'm not wearing my glases to give eyes a rest from the aches.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

getting glasses prescription right with daily migraine Empty Re: getting glasses prescription right with daily migraine

Post  estre004 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:13 am

First of all you should be seeing an ophthalmologist or at least an optometrist to make sure you are getting the right prescription. The optician just grinds the lenses as prescribed. I don't know how old you are but as you get older the eyes are a huge pain. You need glasses for reading up close, glasses for the computer and for some glasses for far away so it seems perfectly normal that you could need 3 different pairs. You can get glasses that correct all three or like me wear contacts and use glasses just for reading and the computer some times.

I also hate going to the eye doctor. I hate the bright lights they put in your eyes and am never sure if I am getting a perfect test as a lot of times the eye chart looks all the same even though they keep asking you if one way or another way is better. It stresses me out. I just had an appointment last week and ended up with a migraine the next day after having my eyes dilated. I would rather go to a dentist or any other kind of doctor any day. I wish you luck. Just tell them exactly what you told us so they can fix it.

estre004

Back to top Go down

getting glasses prescription right with daily migraine Empty glasses wrong

Post  dizzyflower Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:58 am

There is an eye hospital not far away, but I thought you went to it if you needed an operation or had an accident.

Before I moved out of my parents I went to the same optician that had seen the whole family, even my gran and she always got it right. I can't go to her anymore she retired.

I have had a lot of tests done on my eyes at another hospital and nothing came up at all. Today I am wearing the glases that don't hurt my nose. Perhaps the glases are right and the migraine is hurting in my left eye?

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

getting glasses prescription right with daily migraine Empty Re: getting glasses prescription right with daily migraine

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down