migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

has anyone tried colour glasses to treat migraine?

4 posters

Go down

has anyone tried colour glasses to treat migraine? Empty has anyone tried colour glasses to treat migraine?

Post  dizzyflower Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:39 am

I have noticed that on the web there is a lot about blue light and migraine. there seems to be some green glasses for migraine that are supposed to help and some tests were done with red contact lenses that have helped some people. Has anyone tried this or found anything useful about this?

Does anyone know if a colorimeter test would help to find the specific colour? Or does that level of testing relate to dyslexia ?

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

has anyone tried colour glasses to treat migraine? Empty Re: has anyone tried colour glasses to treat migraine?

Post  Jewishmother Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:35 am

I have a lot of trouble with fluorescent lighting and a few years ago had my glasses tinted a smoky rose color which I believe does help. I went to my optometrist and tried the various tinted lens samples he had and my eyes felt calmer with the combination of rose and smoke (which is a grayish tint). I don't know if there is a specific color that is recommended for migraineurs - I found that blue and green tinted lenses made me feel very unsettled. I also found that just the rose by itself was not dark enough and that is why I combined it with the smoke color. L
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

has anyone tried colour glasses to treat migraine? Empty Re: has anyone tried colour glasses to treat migraine?

Post  Cindy*W Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 pm

very interesting.

I am getting new glasses next week.

Think I will ask the optometrist about this topic.

When I go to the Doctor's office the first thing I do when I get back to an exam room is to turn that darn florescent light off.

It just drives me crazy!

I remember my doc telling me one time that people with migraines tend to be very sensitive to whatever they emit.

I was feeling so bad at the time, I don't remember specifically what he said.

Thanks for posting this.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

has anyone tried colour glasses to treat migraine? Empty lens

Post  dawn.binks Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:58 pm

ive been part of 2 trials for that, i actually just found the strongest raybans the best but if you click on

migraine action

and

national migraine centre

on face book they have literature about it, trials etc!!

good luck
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

has anyone tried colour glasses to treat migraine? Empty have found amber safety glasses help a bit

Post  dizzyflower Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:55 am

I am trying this out a bit with different lenses. I asked an optician about trying the colorimeter test but they wanted me to try different colour overlays like they do for dyslexia which wouldn't help, so I have ordered some cheap glasses online with green lenses and some with rose and am trying amber safety glasses.

So far though I am waiting for them to arrive but find that looking through my auntie's cranberry wine glasses really eases pain and visual disturbance.

Not very scientific and it looks really silly but I think this might give me an important clue.

regards

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down