migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraines, ctscan white spot in brain cortex, auras and bipolar 1+hypothyroidsim

3 posters

Go down

Migraines, ctscan white spot in brain cortex, auras and bipolar 1+hypothyroidsim Empty Migraines, ctscan white spot in brain cortex, auras and bipolar 1+hypothyroidsim

Post  gwmin2* Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Ok, these are my things I have. I have taken lithium carb. 300 2xday for 30 years, I just recently had a bipolar migraine attack precedded by a rictor scale panic attack of about 100 on a scale of 1 to 100...I am afraid to sunbathe now, I am now taking seroquel since the attack, should I do any other precautions than those for most people who take lithium? My psych is keeping me going to him for a while. I hate therapy and only tried suicide once a few years ago with benzipdiapherines and don't drink beer anymore, used to drink it with the medication, when partying...My mate does not drink anymore either. He watches me closely and it scares him, how can I keep it all together until the therapy takes affect for us.....I love him so much, treasure our life and kids, grandkids...I have had disorganized thinking, mania, and panic attacks all of my adult life,.,,,The meds usually help. I do not want to take 3x day lithium because of the weight gain since there is heart disease on paternal and maternal sides of my family tree. If anyone knows how to keep aura and voices away please write and let me know, ok? I am here also to let others know that you can live thru bipolar 1 and have a happy life....its work, it can be done...I am a writer and former teacher...thanks guys and keep the faith there are so many of us with these problems.... cherry

gwmin2*

Back to top Go down

Migraines, ctscan white spot in brain cortex, auras and bipolar 1+hypothyroidsim Empty Re: Migraines, ctscan white spot in brain cortex, auras and bipolar 1+hypothyroidsim

Post  Migrainegirl Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:45 pm

It's best not to mess around with bipolar. If you think the lithium isn't working for you or you are having problems with it, see your doctor ASAP. There are other drugs that can be tried, but you need to do it under the doctors supervision. Good luck to you!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Migraines, ctscan white spot in brain cortex, auras and bipolar 1+hypothyroidsim Empty Re: Migraines, ctscan white spot in brain cortex, auras and bipolar 1+hypothyroidsim

Post  ZomigMan Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Not sure how this is ralted to migraines, but I agree with Mgirl on this one. My mother is bipolar, and she has tried to do herself in more than once. Bipolar (manic-depressive) disorder is very trickey. If you stay on the depressed side, you are likely to be OK. But if you go manic, there is likely not a whole lot that will stop you from doing some amazing and suicidal things. Lithium is also very trickey. It is used widely for bipolar to prevent the manic phases (the dangerous side of bipolar in my experience) as well as reduce the depression, but... it does not always work that way. My ex's best friend was put in on Lithium a few weeks before she killed herself with an overdose of barbs, and had a .357 magnum as a backup. affraid Also seroquel is not for taking if you are not being seen by a therapist or doctor in my view either. My ex was on that stuff, and it can be very rough on your system.

My advice is to stay with the therapy at least until you are OK with any new drugs that you are on, as well as for any episodes that you may have in future. If you do not like the therapist or the therapy sessions, I would suggest you try another therapist. I was in therapy for 7 years for ADHD when I was working in the psychological blood-bath of the high tech industry. I was first assigned a shrink that was analytical and very pushy, and I did not like her. I requested another therapist, whom I saw for over 6 years. He became a friend and confidant and got me in with one of the best psychiatrists/neurologists at Stanford Medical Center, who I still see about once a year now. I used to look forward to seeing my therapist. I could have a really rotten week, and look forward to complaining about it to someone and try to resolve conflicts in my life. What could be better?
ZomigMan
ZomigMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down