migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Head injuries, migraines, stroke symptoms, spots on brain etc. HELP!!!!

Go down

Head injuries, migraines, stroke symptoms, spots on brain etc.  HELP!!!! Empty Head injuries, migraines, stroke symptoms, spots on brain etc. HELP!!!!

Post  Faithtofreedom Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:35 am

Hello to all here, I am so glad I found this page. I googled the topic of white spots on frontal lobe of the brain. I have had several MRI's of the brain that have shown these spots that are considered "Inconclusive"; on top of that I have had at least 1 mini stroke and two head injuries. I am convinced that the orginal "mini stroke" was caused by the orginal head injury in '04' that finally made a lifetime of periodic severe headaches unbearable. The problem I ran into in '04 was that after an auto accident I began having completely unbearable headaches. I was eventually diagnosed with "Occipital Neuralgia" and eventually had a Pain Management doc freeze the "occipital nerves' in the back of my head to control the pain. However, the opposite happened and I ended up with an unrelenting migraine for almost 3 months.

Recently, an ENT found a partially paralyzed vocal cord that is the only remnant and proof that I had a stroke or brain injury before 2011. The bad thing is that in '04 I was not believed about the pain in my head because of a psychiatric history of PTSD. In fact, I was hospitalized over and over in a psych ward when I needed neuro treatment.

Then in Nov of 2011 I suffered another head injury that was almost immediately diagnosed by a new nuerologist. The headaches have become constant with a migraine level at least 4-5 times a week.

The nuerologist explained to me that the tell-tale spots are actually damaged parts of the frontal lobe because of the migraines, so he says I now suffer a double whammy of mild brain damage along with a mild brain injury that is complicating matters. Every time I get the very bad migraines the entire right side of my body looks like I have had a stroke, although those symptoms usually go away in about 3 weeks after the severe ones.

Has anyone had a history anything like what I am describing? This is getting scary. Thanks for reading my post, I am new here. Any input is appreciated.

Last edited by Faithtofreedom on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To clarify the topic of the post)

Faithtofreedom

Back to top Go down