migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great News about Botox under NHS

2 posters

Go down

Great News about Botox under NHS Empty Great News about Botox under NHS

Post  Mini Fri May 11, 2012 1:30 am

It was mentioned to me by my neurologist few months ago, that there are clinical trial going on in order to test efficacy of Botox for M, and that if the trial proves beneficial Botox is going to be avaible on NHS in UK. He also said that when it happens I can qualify to have it done.

Today I heard in the news, that Botox has been approved for treatemnt of M in UK and will be made available to patients soon.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/migraine-sufferers-may-botox-nhs-030305359.html

I am not yet sure how I feel about trying it, because I am little nervous about possible s/e, but in time I might. I am also waiting for the doctors to get more practice doing the injection, as I found that with occipital injection not all doctors have the same skills, so the results were mixed (some very good, others had little effect).

But I am thrilled that not only there is a new "tool" to treat M, but that the issue of M is treated seriosuly enough to make it into all main news bulletins.
We need to talk about migraine much more.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Great News about Botox under NHS Empty Re: Great News about Botox under NHS

Post  Wendy Fri May 11, 2012 3:19 am

Great news! I read about it this morning too. I hope some sufferers in the UK get some benefits from the treatment
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Fri May 11, 2012 4:52 am

I have also come across this important information which might help us in terms of presenting the case for Botox treatment to our docotrs:
http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/NICE-recommends-botox-for-chronic-migraine.htm

IT is very useful article so it might be worth reading carefully and taking note in case we need it.
I liked the way it ended with the Dr saying how debilitating M is, and the fact that now they admit that chronic M, for many of us,t does not respond to any known medicines.

It is great when M gets such publicity, so more people realise how difficult it is to live with it and to treat it.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down