migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New neuro and script for daily HA SPRIX Nasal Spray

4 posters

Go down

New neuro and script for daily HA SPRIX Nasal Spray Empty New neuro and script for daily HA SPRIX Nasal Spray

Post  rileyoday Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:33 am

My 25 year old daughter has been getting HA and M for two years . She was written a script for Sprix nasal spray, and verpamil a calcium channel blocker. The Sprix looks like it could help people. I hope it helps her as she is getting more M every month. Interesting first choice from the neuro.

Last edited by rileyoday on Tue May 08, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add to title)

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

New neuro and script for daily HA SPRIX Nasal Spray Empty Re: New neuro and script for daily HA SPRIX Nasal Spray

Post  tortoisegirl Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:52 pm

I read Sprix is an NSAID nasal spray. Anyone have info on if it could be helpful even for those who have found both otc and rx NSAIDs not to help? Do Triptans, ergots, analgesics like Fiorinal or Midrin not help? I don't get migraine but I've worked through everything to find help for my headache. I wonder if the study data is really that different just based on the intranasal method, or if its mostly a faster onset.

Verapamil is a good choice. Not quite as often used anymore due to Topamax and the like, but its typically much lower on the side effects too. In my opinion for many with daily headache such as NDPH there hasn't been any meds that seem to be more likely to help than others. You spend enough time working through them and hopefully you get lucky. Often if you find one that helps a little you then try to find another to add to it. I didn't have a single problem with Verapamil (first med ever?)...not even the blood pressure drops I got with beta blockers previously. Best wishes to your daughter.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

New neuro and script for daily HA SPRIX Nasal Spray Empty Re: New neuro and script for daily HA SPRIX Nasal Spray

Post  freak032173 Tue May 01, 2012 6:24 pm

I started verapamil a couple weeks ago and so far so good. I'm taking it along with amytriptilyn and topomax. the M's aren't totally gone, but they are staying at about a 2. For now I find that acceptable. The dr did have to add my cymbalta back into the mix yesterday as I started suicidal thinking and crying for no reason. Hope your daughter's combo works for her!!

"freak"
freak032173
freak032173

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Tue May 01, 2012 10:29 pm

I tried Sprix with no effect, but it may work for her. We all seem to be different
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down