migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to go back to school

+2
Mini
BabySeal
6 posters

Go down

I want to go back to school Empty I want to go back to school

Post  BabySeal Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:38 pm

I really need to finish my degree (I would definitely have to stop taking Dopamax). I have been researching programs all night and my mind is running in circles. It would be really hard to get back into a program... but I am no use sitting here where I am at! I want to get a move on with my life.

I am already at a Junior level.

Feelin particularly motivated tonight haha.

I know that no one can give me any answers, and I don't really have a question for you all. I just don't know what to do next. Where to go with my life... these roadblocks of life have got to go.

Lisa

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

I want to go back to school Empty Re: I want to go back to school

Post  Mini Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:42 am

Great! Just do it, Lisa.

We often feel so stuck in that viscious circle of pain and recovery all the time, we forget that it is possible to move on.

Start gently, so you don't feel overwhelmed after a longer break. Baby steps...Remember?
Read, explore, do not put too much pressure on yourself before you are ready and things will start falling into place.

I did that. In fact I managed to re-structure my life in middle age when I went back to college after my children grew up. I loved it, I made new freinds, learned new profession.
I did have some set backs etc, it was not always easy, but in the end I did achvieve my aim; the satisfaction can be great.

Just keep the momentum going.
Good Luck
Mini

Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

I want to go back to school Empty Me too!

Post  VickiG Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:08 am

I would love to go back to school too! Unfortunately for me, the next step is a Ph.D., which is too big a step to make for me, since the kinds of programs I want require full-time studies, and I can't even commit to one course!

But if you can commit to once course, I'd say just take one right now. Don't try to overdo it because if you can work your way up, it is much better than overwhelming yourself and quitting!

What is your field?

Let me tell you that a lot of books are now available on audio, especially through the Braille Institute. They have a lot of textbooks on audio, in addition to fun books, and all it takes is a signature of a medical person who says that you have a medical condition that makes it hard for you to do your own reading. I easily got my doctor to sign my form! This is a free program with the Library of Congress, and they will mail the books to you, and you can mail them back for free, so it's a great program to check out. I don't know where you live, but I'd just google braille and your city.

Good luck with this! As a junior, the more courses you take, even if you don't get them all done, the more you can earn in most jobs that compensate for education too!

I hope you give it a try and have lots of success!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  ConcordGrape Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:30 pm

If you're hesitant about school, but desire education, there are plenty of free online courses. Recorded at prestigious universities and broadcasted free for public enjoyment!

Two websites I recommend: coursera.com openculture.com

I know you don't get college credit for these, but trying different things can give you an idea what direction you want to head in when you're ready to register.
ConcordGrape
ConcordGrape

Back to top Go down

Post  nehaali Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi everyone,
It is really very nice and interesting forum thanks for sharing ....

nehaali

Back to top Go down

Post  susan99 Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:38 pm

i want to go back too! i'm in the process of serious consideration and working on applications...

good luck!

susan99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down