migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good News--The School Bus

4 posters

Go down

Good News--The School Bus Empty Good News--The School Bus

Post  AZgirl Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:33 am

We took our daughters out of a school and put them in a new school once classes resumed after Christmas break, so they have only been going to this new school for a week. It is much closer to home (2 miles instead of 7 miles) and on Friday they rode the school bus home!

I am thrilled about this and so are the girls. I still drive them to school in the morning, but now they will ride the bus home. This is great for many reasons, but the most important one for me right now is if I have a bad headache and need to take a pain pill, I can, and don't have to worry about driving to go pick them up from school. They will ride the bus home. I have never had this opportunity before. I have always needed to go get them or have my mom go get them. I truly value this school bus!

The bus stop is just around the corner from our house, and I will walk to meet them on the days I feel well, and stay home resting on the days I feel unwell. This is a welcome change for all of us. Hooray for things that work out!
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Good News--The School Bus Empty Re: Good News--The School Bus

Post  Stillhurtin Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:20 am

Oh the things we Migraneurs rejoice over!!! Smile
Good for you ( and the Kiddos!! ). I'm glad the new school is working out well for you guys!! Smile
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Hooray!!! That's a good news!!!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Mianna Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Sounds great Lynelle. My son would LOVE to get to ride a school bus! He always aks why he doesn't. We used to live around the corner from our great public school and walked. Now we have to drive about 15min to a private school.

Did you change from private to public school may I ask? I never thought I'd go private for our son, I was in private schools and felt I was too sheltered for the real world when it came. But where we live now, public school was just not an option for son so we drive to another town to get to a good private school.

I do though........so look forward to the day when we live in a good area with decent rated public schools where I can save a TON of money!

Glad that the afternoon bus routine will be a help for those bad head days..........I so know that experience.
Mianna
Mianna

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:10 pm

Mianna: you asked about switching schools...we took the girls out of the private school at the end of the year last May/June and put them in a public school in August. We did this for mostly financial reasons. Having 2 in the private school was like having 2 car payments. Eeek! And the actual education seemed lacking in certain areas.

So we moved them to what we thought was a reputable public school. A huge district with deep pockets. It was far enough away that I was still responsible for driving them to and from school (outside of enrollment boundaries, but we have "open enrollment" so as long as there are openings, you can register your child into any school).

Poor Natalie was getting bullied by a classmate on a daily basis. Talks with the teacher got us nowhere, and the school chose to protect the bully instead of protecting Natalie, so we pulled up stakes and got the girls out of there. Now they are in a nearby charter school.

It is a single school, not part of a district, and they wear uniforms. That was a big change for us, but the girls are adapting nicely. And this bus service has turned into quite a perk, since I have been sidelined with a mean migraine these last few days. There are major advantages to this new school and we wish we would have gone straight there from the private school, but we remind ourselves that we learned lessons at the other school in the meantime. Life lessons.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down