migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I had a fall *added photo

5 posters

Go down

I had a fall *added photo Empty I had a fall *added photo

Post  BabySeal Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Tonight I took my trash out to the curb feeling perfectly fine and next thing I knew I was on the ground. It happened very quickly! At first I figured I hit some ice or something, but I went back out and walked it and there isn't a slick spot to be found. It was all salted.

The odd thing is that I have been having some different aura symptoms lately so I don't know if it ties in.

I didn't trip, I just slammed into ground. It is hard to explain. I think I will make a call into my neuro tomorrow just because of all of the side effects I have from my preventative topamax as it is... but this fall is just playing on my mind! I am puzzled!

I got banged up a little and broke my glasses. What a mystery...

Last edited by BabySeal on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

I had a fall *added photo Empty Re: I had a fall *added photo

Post  Jewishmother Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:56 pm

One of my aura symptoms that I used to have was hitting the floor......kind of felt like someone had pushed me from behind really hard - so could be migraine but also could definitely be medication-related also.
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  BabySeal Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:08 pm

I wasnt aware of the fall just the aftermath.

That is interesting, I never knew something like that really could be an aura symptom. Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely going to do some reading up on it. But wow your body just shoved you right into the migraines, huh? No fun.. (not that any of it is FUN.. )

It used to be that I had the plain ol' aura and now , I personally think my migraines are changing.

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:25 am

I used to just find myself on the floor also...........but it wasn't like I fainted or passed out because that is more of a straight drop with knees buckling. This was more forceful or violent - that is why I describe it as someone shoving me from behind - instead of going straight down it was like I fell foward. Sorry - always been hard for me to explain!
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  BabySeal Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:43 am

Ok yes! exactly! Now if I end up with a M today I am going to be chasing after you Jewishmother for all kinds of details!

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:03 am

When my migraines started over 30 years ago this was the only symptom I had.........no pain, no sensitivity to light etc... When I went to the doc he told me that if I was not pregnant, anemic or diabetic then I needed to see a psychologist. It took me 12 years to find a doc who believed that this symptom was real not something I was "making" happen. I was eventually diagnosed with basilar-type migraines.

And since migraines do evolve over time that particular symptom is not a part of my repertoire though it has been replaced by something similar - a slow fade out to unconsciousness. I believe that the hyperneuronal activity that a migraine triggers affects my brain stem and the area that controls my consciousness level.
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

I had a fall *added photo Empty heard of this

Post  chelle8178 Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:10 pm

So sorry! Glad you are alright!
I haven't experienced this personally but I have heard of it. I would definitely talk to your neuro about it. And I wouldn't rule out Topamax as a factor, either. It is one tricky drug. The longer I'm on it, the more I find out about it!
chelle8178
chelle8178

http://fuzzyredbees.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BabySeal Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:21 pm

I had a fall *added photo Photo-12

Battle wounds.. this ought to look great at work/out in public eh?

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Oh I am so sorry.................it is a very impressive battle scar. When do you go see your neuro?
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  BabySeal Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:26 pm

They didn't seem too concerned and just said to keep my appointment I have here in 2 weeks.

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Wendy Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Ouch! That's a real bruiser you've done yourself there. I hope it heals quickly.

I get dizzy sometimes during the day, lasting from a second to 30 seconds, and I often lose my balance, but have so far managed to stumble and save myself before falling. Vertigo is a more recent addition and there's a massive link for me between drops/hills in close-range view (if I close my eyes or look away to somewhere flat, I'm fine).
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post  BabySeal Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:28 pm

I just got back from seeing my regular doctor about my bronchitis and we chatted about my face, headache, and crappy meds Smile He gave me some samples of Maxalt since my insurance wont cover it anymore. And I also got another shot of toradol (sigh, I love that stuff!). So I am Officially pain free for now Smile

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

I had a fall *added photo Empty I had a fall

Post  dizzyflower Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:53 am

That looks painful. Hope you are starting to feel better.

That kind of fall is partly where the dizzy bit comes from in my username. They don't happen often fortunately. Sorry you've got them too. They happen if I've overdone things. I eventually found that there is a warning sign but not one I can spot. I start talking a bit inside out before it happens, but if I'm on my own nobody is there to spot that.

best wishes.
Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down