migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather and migraines

5 posters

Go down

Weather and migraines Empty Weather and migraines

Post  Indyjanie Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi all, I know barometric weather changes affect headaches but does anyone else have more migraines w the change of seasons, especially this one? Every year the last of Sept & all of Oct. sends me nuts w migraines. Of course I am plagued w them at least 2x / wk but now it seems like every other day! I feel so frustrated. Can't sleep because they wake me up every night & then I worry climbing into bed each night that one will hit me again at 4 am! My imitrex usually works but doesn't last. On inderal too but that doesn't help this time of yr. have been on all the other preventative & they all had such awful SE I decided to just take the imitrex but my neuro says more than 2x wk isn't good. also had Botox 2x in the past. 1st time worked great, 2nd time did nothing but make my neck stiff! Guess I'm being whiney but I feel crappy & hate the fact that there isn't something out there that would work for me & all of you out there that suffer w these miserable things! Janie

Indyjanie

Back to top Go down

Weather and migraines Empty Re: Weather and migraines

Post  Mini Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:05 am

Yes, definitely. Weather is one of my worst M triggers. I have been very careful about my other triggers such like food, cleaning products, bright lights and smells but weather is one thing I cannot avoid.

I find that stormy and windy weather is worse for me. IT does not matter what season. Also very hot weather. In fact any sudden changes in weather conditions can bring on M. At the moment we are having a changeable windy rainy and sunne days and sure enough my head is protesting.

I know that many othermigraneurs are affected by weather changes, but I am not sure how each person is affacted, so it would be interesting to have more feedback on the subject.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Weather and migraines Empty WEATHER CHANGE & BOTOX TREATMENTS & FALL

Post  flo_02472 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:48 pm

[i]Weather change is my enemy. Barometric changes make my daily headaches worse. My head always tells me when there is a weather change. I also had 2 Botox treatments and have seen no improvement for the headaches. I have headaches & migraine for 35 years and they seem to be more frequent as I get older. I find myself in bed with headaches, fatigue and frustration much too often. I make plans and they usually are not carried out so my life is "tenative" all the time. I understand very well how you feel because I too hate living like this and feeling lousy all the time. For me the Fall season is worse because of the mold from decaying leaves. I have lots of allergies. Email me and I will tell you about a new surgery to relieve migraine being done in key areas around the country. You are not alone in this! FLO@ flo_02472@yahoo.com

flo_02472

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:05 pm

If your migraines are worse in the Fall you might want to check into them being triggered by allergies. Here in the midwest, the ragweed, soybeans and corn harvesting can make my migraines worse. If you want to experiment you can try taking something like an antihistamine to see if it helps make you feel better. Just a thought........L
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  Seaine Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:36 pm

I seem to get more persistent migraines when it's very cloudy and about to rain, but the rain holds off for the day. Also with very sudden weather changes.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down