migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot weather

+3
Kate
dizzyflower
Tamsha101
7 posters

Go down

Hot weather Empty Hot weather

Post  Tamsha101 Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:17 am

In my neck of the woods we have been in a heatwave for the past few days. My migraines have been horrible and I'm so nauseous. I've never experienced this with hot weather before, just with frequent barometer changes. When I was in Hawaii I was fine. Anyone else have this issue?

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Hot weather Empty hot weather

Post  dizzyflower Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:50 am

YES. but at the moment we are having lots of rain and very close thundery weather which is playing havoc too. I think it is the changes in barometric pressure rather than what the weather actually is for me, unless we get a lot of hot, which as I'm in the UK hasn't been much of a problem lately. I have been tempted in the past to sit in the car for a bit with the air con on and the uv filtered windscreen helps too.Hope you get some relief soon.

regards

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Hot weather Empty Re: Hot weather

Post  Kate Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:04 am

They get worse in high temps. Especially when the humidity kicks in. I try to not stay out for a long period of time.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Absolutely! If I'm out in the heat for any length of time, it'll definitely trigger a migraine for me.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Hot weather Empty Hot weather

Post  Cindy*W Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:56 am

Hot weather and humidity have always been a trigger for me.

When it gets too hot, I just have to stay inside in the air.

I know barometric changes are a problem for me too because When there is bad weather, I will feel it long before it actually shows up.

Also once in a while I will have hot flashes and that will trigger one as well.

A couple of weekends back my grand-daughter was here and she wanted me to go to the park with her and my husband so badly that I just couldn't say no.

I knew it was too hot and humid for me to be out and I had a mig before we even got home.

Wish I had an answer.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Hot weather Empty Hot Weather

Post  Cookie Monster Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post a suggestion for those of you who are trying to figure out if weather is a trigger for you. There's a webpage called Mediclim where you can sign up for weather alerts. I believe the page was put together by some doctors and migraines are one of the conditions listed. Basically you sign up for alerts that get sent to your email whenever there are weather patterns associated with increased probability of migraines.

Cookie Monster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mule Kick Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:09 pm

My three biggest triggers are dehydration, heat (anything upwards of 75 degrees F.), and bright sunshine. These three together will almost always give me a headache, with nausea.
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down