migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

severe migraine caused by painkillers and sleeping aids

Go down

severe migraine caused by painkillers and sleeping aids Empty severe migraine caused by painkillers and sleeping aids

Post  NickSharp Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:27 pm

For about a year now I have been taking 30mg Roxicodone 2 times a day. That would be followed by 1 15mg Methadone to even out the spread. And to top it off, I take half of a 10mg Ambien every other night.

Now that you know what I am taking, I will get to the point. Very recently I have been waking up with these skull splitting migraines early in the morning, (when the ambien is leaving my system), and it just seems too coincidental that it could be happening from anything BUT the Ambien.

Also, I know I said I take what may look like a lot of medicine to some people, but I would like to explain before anyone jumps the gun. Two discs in my back are completely crushed and fused together, causing me a great deal of pain. My doctor wanted to give me Demerol but I told him that I don't like needles and that I would rather have something in pill form. So the first paragraph is what he gave me. The pain killers keep me awake at night, not to mention I have had insomnia since I was 11 years old. With the doctor knowing that I have insomnia, and knowing I take those certain pain killers, he prescribes me Ambien.

So, on to my question. Does anyone know if the Ambien is starting these migraines, or if it could be a different factor? I have read that Ambien gives you a "hung over" effect, but I know the difference between being hung over and having a migraine, and this last attack I had just this morning was indeed, a massive migraine. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

- Nick Sharp

NickSharp

Back to top Go down