migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When you have a severe migraine is it difficlult for you to read and see?

+6
HeelerLady
AZgirl
Ivy
30yrsofheadache
pen
Greeneyes
10 posters

Go down

When you have a severe migraine is it difficlult for you to read and see? Empty When you have a severe migraine is it difficlult for you to read and see?

Post  Greeneyes Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:02 am

When you have a severe migraine is it difficult for you to read and see?

Lately when my head hurts..I have to read thing repeatedly and the speillg goes out the window..can't remember how to spell words that I do know how to spell.

Grr. hope you guys can understand this..I'm sorry Embarassed
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

When you have a severe migraine is it difficlult for you to read and see? Empty Re: When you have a severe migraine is it difficlult for you to read and see?

Post  pen Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:41 am

My concentration goes and I cant be bothered to read as it does hurt my head, but I can otherwise see okay.

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

When you have a severe migraine is it difficlult for you to read and see? Empty Re: When you have a severe migraine is it difficlult for you to read and see?

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:15 am

I get that, too. Its like trying to read through a brain full of pudding. I also have trouble with spelling, even thogh I am normally a good speller. I just got my Nook and am hoping it will be easier to read during migraine because I wont need my reading glasses, which hurt my head too much.
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:45 am

Yes, it happens.
The worst thing is that I realize that I'm making a mistake but can't avoid it....
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:22 am

Thank you guys..I've worn glasses since I was four..with the migraine I always have the tunnel vision..you guys described it much better..thank you.

I don't typically read when I have a migraine for myself..helping my sons with homework or related school material.

Thank you guys for being angels on earth.

I love you grreeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Oh, yes, I can't possibly read for pleasure when I am in pain. And when I have to read something that my daughters bring home from school, forget it! I can't comprehend what I am reading.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:47 pm

A big part of my symptoms is wacko vision. It goes double and perception is all off. Oh so much fun and reading...well for very short periods of time but do I remember it - nope! Rather sucks but that's how things are. I think it's a whole language processing thing as I have a hard time formulating words, typing and the simplest questions (like my address or, heaven forbid, my phone number) are epic challenges. Oh and trying to write by hand - forget it. I can't even read it.

I hate going to the doctor with an M because they always ask those types of questions to verify who you are and I'm sure I look like a dork but address, phone number and DOB are so hard.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:03 pm

yes, when I get the bad ones, my vision gets really blurry and I can't focus.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:53 pm

30yrsofheadache wrote:I get that, too. Its like trying to read through a brain full of pudding. Cindy

I love that descriptive!

Sometimes I will read something and wonder if I got it all. Or I will listen and doubt that I understood everything. I just know that pieces are missing.
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  Mule Kick Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Double vision
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Hard to read. Really hard to process what I have read.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down