migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just what should a gradual return to work look like?

2 posters

Go down

Just what should a gradual return to work look like? Empty Just what should a gradual return to work look like?

Post  dizzyflower Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:56 am

I have to return. But just how gradual should I contemplate this? I don't have my old job anymore so this is looking really scary. Have any of you done this and have some tips? I've been out nearly 3 years except recent voluntary work which has been a physical shock.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Just what should a gradual return to work look like? Empty Re: Just what should a gradual return to work look like?

Post  Tamsha101 Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:35 am

I'm about as gradual as gradual can get! I was off work for close to 4 months - eased into things slowly. I started with 1/2 days (afternoons) - two a week for about a month. Then I increase to 3 for 2 weeks, 4 for 2 weeks, 5 for 2 weeks. Then I added full days, one at a time with a break in between with a half days. For example work a full day monday, half day tuesday, full day wed, half day thurs, full day fri and so on, increasing every 2 weeks.

I am now working 4 full days with a half day still on Wednesday to give my head a break. I see my neuro and GP next week where I suspect I will be given the ok to return full time and get off my partial disability. I still have my daily migraine symptoms but either my body has adjusted or I'm learning to live with it (maybe both). I am also working a less stressful position within the company which helps as well.

My advice is DO NOT rush things! You've been off a long time - your head and the rest of your body needs time to readjust.

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Just what should a gradual return to work look like? Empty thanks Tamsha

Post  dizzyflower Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:41 am

at the moment I am volunteering 2 days, Monday and Thursday. I feel ill for 2 days after and the first night end up dizzy waking screaming. I hope that this will settle it is getting a bit wearing. At some point I need to convince someone to employ me for money. It looks like a long road.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Just what should a gradual return to work look like? Empty Re: Just what should a gradual return to work look like?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down