migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sinus pain migraine cause and effect.

3 posters

Go down

Sinus pain migraine cause and effect. Empty Sinus pain migraine cause and effect.

Post  pen Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:49 am

I am so bad right now... My healer friend says my sinus is blocked. It is true the pain is on my left when usually I am a right.
Left is also the side I am having teeth pain (not toothache). I think maybe he is right.
What helps sinus pain? Am steaming and using saline. Still it comes.
Cant take decongestants. Last year ende dup on anti bios, but hate to because of IBS.
What a mess.
Migard will help it, but I assume that is because the sinus pushes me into migraine...anyone know, sure someone will know.
And I cant keep pumping them down every day now can I
Anyone know how to handle this please?
Thanks so much.

pen

Back to top Go down

Sinus pain migraine cause and effect. Empty Re: Sinus pain migraine cause and effect.

Post  alli Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:01 am

I don't take decongestants, I take antihistimines. Decongestants stop you from producing mucus which you need to keep your sinus membranes moist. Antihisitmines bring down swelling in the sinuses, thus opening them. If you aren't blowing your nose, then antihistimines are probably a better shot.

My sinuses swell almost every night and block off my breathing on my left side. Usually within 30 minutes of taking Claritin or Zytex (I use the generic) I can breathe again and the pain is lessened. Benedryl is also an antihitimine and totally cheap but Claritin and Zrytex work better for me.

It's worth a try.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Sinus pain migraine cause and effect. Empty Re: Sinus pain migraine cause and effect.

Post  pen Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:41 am

Thanks Alli. Sadly I have a really bad reaction to antihistamine,
so its sudafed or nowt.

Very Happy lol!

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:37 am

I know you said you cannot take decongestants. I don't know why though, so I'll throw the thought of nasal decongestants out there. Like afrin sinus nasal spray. I've suggested it before, I love it and think it alleviates my sinus pressure fantastically. It also works for a long time, too.

The active ingredient is Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride.

The inactive ingredients are Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Camphor, Edetate Disodium, Eucalyptol, Menthol, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Phosphate Dibasic, Sodium Phosphate Monobasic, Water.

If you are using saline, you might want to try using one of those bulbs too, if you are congested. The ones you use on babies to suck out the snot. Sorry for the graphics, but i've done it once or twice myself and it helped a little bit.

I also have bad reaction to psuedophedrine, it makes me bounce off the walls and shake very badly. Most decongestants do that to me. I use afrin and ibuprofen because it works better anyways.

Hope you find relief soon. I also like baby vicks. I find vicks to be too strong for me, but the baby vicks is just perfect and works like a charm!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:52 am

lovegia wrote:I know you said you cannot take decongestants. I don't know why though,
The active ingredient is Oxymetazoline Hydrochloride.
I also have bad reaction to psuedophedrine, it makes me bounce off the walls and shake very badly. Most decongestants do that to me. I use afrin and ibuprofen because it works better anyways.
Hope you find relief soon. I also like baby vicks. I find vicks to be too strong for me, but the baby vicks is just perfect and works like a charm!

Hi, yes I use a nasal spray with Oxy in it, clears my nose, but doesnt reach the sinus (eyebrow area).
Psuedoephedrine is weird stuff. I am the only person in my family that has a problem with it, but it has the same effect on me as on you. My nose is fine, its the sinus I need to clear, and every time I steam I can feel it loosening, back of my throat...nice. Have awful PND.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Try the sinus afrin. I feel it gets deeper into your sinus area than the regular one. I have no idea why since it has the same active ingredient, but it does work a tad better for me.

When it gets so bad, I buy the other stuff thats OTC but not psuedophedrine. It is called phenylephrine hydrochloride. I still get a tad shakey on it but it is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the way I get on psuedophedrine. If your really desperate, give it a try but only half the dose that is recommended. It works for me. We are probably hypersensitive to side effects.

Half of a dose of phenylephrine hydrochloride (tylenol cold extra strength daytime) and afrin sinus kicks my bad sinus pain right in the butt. Leaves me feeling a bit jittery, but no more than a cup of coffee or a glass of soda.

Funny, you are the one other person I know with a bad reaction to psuedophedrine! Nice to know i'm not the only one out there.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Doesnt look like Afrin is available here in the UK, I will try to track it, might be under another name.
I have Fibro and they tel lme that makes me sensitive to drugs (and just about everything else).
Its the pits thought, trying to take anything. People get to thinking Im nuts.
Probably I am...
Very Happy

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Nah.. your not nuts. That would mean I am, too!

I get a lot of side effects from every drug I take. All of those ones the doctors say, yeah you probably wont get those, they are rare...well I get them. Who knows why that is. Question
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:03 pm

lovegia wrote:Nah.. your not nuts. That would mean I am, too!
I get a lot of side effects from every drug I take. All of those ones the doctors say, yeah you probably wont get those, they are rare...well I get them. Who knows why that is. Question

You know that little bit of paper where they list all the side effects....I write them.
I just make them up in case I get to take the drug sometime.....
Then they can give me that look of disbelief, especially when I find a side effect they forgot to add. lol!

Seriously though, I hate that look from the Dr. I have been told I am nuts, its just they never actually say the words...

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Chickened out of the Sudafed, but steamed, vicksed, sprayed, and i put the humidifier thing on in the bedroom
Woke with a very blocked nose, but less brow pain.
See what happens tonight...

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Think I am getting somewhere with the sinus problem.
M nose is now getting more blocked and PND.
I think things are moving....
I sure hope so.
Thanks for all the advice guys.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down