migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight Watchers isn't for watching it go UP!!!

+5
alli
Brenda
tecky
Paradox
Stillhurtin
9 posters

Go down

Weight Watchers isn't for watching it go UP!!! Empty Weight Watchers isn't for watching it go UP!!!

Post  Stillhurtin Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:44 pm

Ummm....WHO'S a fatty??? lol This girl! I joined Weight Watchers 2 months ago. After 3 weeks was off to a great start and down 7 lbs. Skipped some meeting here and there (holidays, not feeling well, weather) and lost track of doing it consistently.

Went in today...I weigh 1.7 lbs MORE than when I started...lol affraid

I SUCK!! I am so mad at myself. Yes I have been on 18 million different drugs b/c of all this "girly" stuff going on, but COME ON!!!

Starting today...It's back on it HARD CORE.
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Weight Watchers isn't for watching it go UP!!! Empty Re: Weight Watchers isn't for watching it go UP!!!

Post  Paradox Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:56 pm

You must have flipped when you saw the scale!

Well, it's almost 6:00 pm and no Mt. Dew for me today. I WANT IT! That's my first plan of attack in my weight loss plan. I intended to cut out chocolate today too, but there was some in my desk drawer that someone had given me at Christmas. It's impossible to throw away perfectly good chocolate.

I lost 40 pounds when I was on Topamax. Since I went off last Feb. I've gained 50 back. Mad

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Weight Watchers isn't for watching it go UP!!! Empty Re: Weight Watchers isn't for watching it go UP!!!

Post  tecky Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:09 pm

Hang in there, Jessica and Charlotte. Between the migraines and the preventative drugs (as well as other health issues), it's so hard to maintain a decent weight. It's such a struggle.

I question my doctors on every suggested medication as to whether weight gain is a side-effect. If it's a side-effect, it explodes on me. It's so unpleasant.

My problem is that I feel too rotten most days to exercise, and on my better days, I'm just too tired. I don't get many "better" days.

Just seems like a lost cause sometimes, doesn't it?.....

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:21 pm

I hate it too. The days that I'm not feeling well, I can't exercise. The few days I feel ok, I'm busy playing catch up with cleaning, etc. It does get to me sometimes, but it's more important for me to get myself feeling well than to look great. Fortunately, my hubby loves me no matter what the size and always tells me how pretty I am to him.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:25 am

I caught a glimpse of myself as I walked past the window...... OMG! My @ss is huge!! Jennifer Lopez, step aside.... I now RULE the big butt divison.

It is time for one of those butt toner videos... and I actually have to do it!

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Isn't it great juggling our weight with our pain and meds?

I have taken to going to the gym even if I have a pounding head. I know this sounds impossible, but somehow I have managed. I find if I keep my heart rate low enough, I can do some cardio. I can almost always do some weights.

This of course does not work many of my higher pain days. I have forced myself on many 4-5 pain days and found it didn't cause the headache to get any worse.

I'm lucky though, I have a quiet gym right across the street from my work, so it takes minimal effort to get there.

I've also cut my calorie intake to 1300 and the combo has helped me start shedding some weight.

It's so hard though!
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:28 pm

I hate when I walk by the window and don't recognize who the fat lady is. Yikes! affraid

I used to love the poems by Sara Teasdale (don't read them if you're depressed, you'll be suicidal when you're done). I remember one:

Remember me as I was then,
Turn from me now, or you will see
What other years have done to me.

- From "Changes", Sara Teasdale

My old HS boyfriend wants to meet hubby and I for lunch. I haven't seen him in over 30 years. Are you kidding?!?!? I think I might have a headache that day. And, yes, I've seen recent pic's of him. He still in very good shape, but he is bald now. Some men carry bald off quite nicely, he doesn't. So, at least I'd have that going for me.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Oh hush, your beautiful Charlotte!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:05 pm

and as far as weight watchers go, Jessica, you LOST still! thats awesome. I know you gained it back, but it could have been anything. Scales are rediculous especially for that amount. It could be water retention, or lady problems!

Your picture shows a beautiful un-fat woman! I am all for self improvement, but the way I see it is you are doing a great job at it, your trying. Very Happy
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:48 am

I lost my battle against weight many years ago.
I'm not thin, but I'm not FAT either. My health is fine (apart from migraines) and men seem to appreciate the curves....So, where's the problem?

My hubby, then, loves to cook and how can I tell him that I don't want to eat his masterpieces?

Bye
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:54 am

Hubby seems to prefer me heavier. When I was over 200 lbs., not a word. When I got down to 135, the man complained and moaned that I was anorexic (I'm 5'6", hardly anorexic).

I personally think it's because a certain part of my anatomy gets bigger with more weight, and are almost completely non-existent when I'm thin. I always thought hubby was a leg man until he asked me to breast-feed our eldest until he was 18! The truth comes out! Razz

I do believe that men prefer curves over thin.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Weight Watchers isn't for watching it go UP!!! Empty I hate scales

Post  dizzyflower Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:00 am

We don't have any anymore and i couldn't be happier!! Last time the doctor asked my weight I didn't know, and got him to look at the scales while my eyes were closed.

I'm not brave enough to go to Weight watchers, well done for making the effort.

Best wishes

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Thanks for the kind and supportive words girls. I am attributing some of my recent weight failures to my awful female stuuf and the drugs they're pushing at me for them.

I WILL drop 25 pounds by June. I must. I currently almost weigh what I weighed 9 months prego with my son. Ughh!
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:57 am

Be kind to yourself Jessica. Between female issues, migraines and medication side-effects, there are several factors that could be contributing to weight gain. Sometimes it feels like a lost cause, but sometimes it is just out of one's control.

Hang in there,

Becky I love you
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:23 am

You know I gain religiously 5lbs during my period every month! Shocked

It all goes away usually if I drink enough water throughout that time, but it is amazing how much we can retain from these lady issues. I drink 10-12 8oz. glasses of water to help shed the 5lbs of retention. Hope this helps you out because I would never have thought to drink THAT much water. It's an absurd amount, but it seems to be just what my body needed.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down