migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight gain!!!

3 posters

Go down

Weight gain!!! Empty Weight gain!!!

Post  theresae Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:10 am

hi all, i am just wondering if anyone has had any luck with weight loss aids, either from health food store or doctors,

i am on beta blockers and amitriptyline (have been on that combi since sept, previously was just on Ami)i go to the gym twice a week if i can , and pilates once a week, i work two days week, which is an active job, plus housework, i have not really cut back on food, but am eating no more that ususal, ( that will change this week as i will start to cut back, cant go hungry though or it triggers a migraine,)

have got gp phoning me on wed to discuss this, i dont really want to take another med but am beginning to panic now as clothes are way too tight, and i can feel myself slowing down,if you know what i mean,

thanks in advance

theresa x
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Weight gain!!! Empty Re: Weight gain!!!

Post  Paradox Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:15 am

No, I don't know of anything but I will be watching your post to see what anyone comes up with!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:31 am

Theresae,

I know the frustration - when you want to lose and nothing works. I don't believe in taking a magic pill to lose weight (unless you have a medical condition that is causing it). I don't think it's a matter of eating less but eating to a calorie limit. Before I started working a program I thought I was eating good and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. When I started the program, it was about exercise (5 days a week for an hour) and counting calories. My calorie limit was 1200-1400 a day. I decided to start with the exercise part the first week (it came with meals that you had to cook and I didn't have the supplies in house) and to track what I was eating. Holy cow...what I thought was good, really wasn't and it opened my eyes. I will say with following the meal plans, I was rarely hungry as fresh foods and whole grains were emphasized. You can eat a lot of veggies and get full with intake of few calories.

The program was designed so you would lose 2 lbs a week. I lost 30 lbs in 6 months - I had a few setbacks (the exercise got nearly impossible with the M but I was still able to lose a pound a week just watching the food). It wasn't horribly expensive either, but did take a commitment to follow it. They also had a great discussion board for questions and support from other people on the weight loss journey.

Hope this was somewhat helpful. Sounds like you've got the exercise part, it's probably just the food for you.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:28 am

hi thanks for that, i will have to really focus on what i am eating, i have done it b4 and lost 30 pounds when i had gall stones and had to stick to very low fat foods, severe pain was the incentive back then to stick to it. lol.

just wanted to add my problem has arisen quite quickly because AMI increases your appetite and beta blockers really slows your metabolism down, which is why i suddenly have a problem although my diet hasnt changed, the combi of the two has taken me by suprise a bit as far as the rapid increase of weight,didnt notice anything much until about 8/10 weeks ago, and now its like golly my clothes have become incredibly tight!
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:12 am

I can imagine how frustrating it is. You aren't doing anything different and yet it keeps adding. Guess this saying is true for you: "I look at a donut and gain 5 lbs".

One thing that was encouraged was to eat good fats. I know this sounds contradictory but fats that come from plants are actually good for you unlike most animal. So the ones that come off the top of my head are avocado and nuts. They help with feeling satisfied. Smile I'm no expert at this, but learned a lot from actually doing. If you are looking for a book, the program I did was with Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser - black team trainer) and she has a few books out. Master Your Metabolism is one of the more recent ones but the core idea will be in any of them. Granted I don't believe in all of her theories but you take some of it and use it and let the other parts go.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down