migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question, update, and vent

4 posters

Go down

Question, update, and vent Empty Question, update, and vent

Post  sailingmuffin Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi All

Ovr the past few weeks, I have noticed a new symptom just before the migraine hits or during the worst of the pain. At the time, I find myself wanting absolutely no stimuation- no sounds, no light, just wanting to curl up and hide when these spells hit. It is strange, as I have usually been able to read during a migraine and it is getting harder to do so. I also find that simple noises- sch as the croaking of frogs that live in a smail fishpool in our garden drive me crazy- they have never bothered me before. Even though I am normally sensitive to light- it gets much worse during these spells. I just want to curl up in a dark room and hide when this happens. Does anyone else experience this?

Update-
I haven't been posting a lot lately due to a combination of migraines and the fact that my mother had back surgery about six weeks ago and is having a really hard time. Right now, She is housebound, so that she won't fall and damage the fusion.

The fainting is about the same. There isn't a whole lot that current doctor is willing to do about it. So for now, I am just going to muddle through.

Painfree days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Question, update, and vent Empty Re: Question, update, and vent

Post  Jewishmother Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Yes! When my migraines are starting out I really need to find a dark, quiet place where I can block out everything - if I don't it just feels like my brain is on such overload it is going to explode! Even noises like my husband typing on his computer can really be excruciating! This light/noise sensitivity has been getting worse over the last couple of years. I have found though it helps to lie down with my eyes closed and focus on listening to a tv show at a very low volume - I guess it helps me to block out the other noises around that I have no control over. It is very frustrating to have our migraine symptoms shift so often - we finally get accustomed to our symptoms and they change.........hope your day is going better and your mom's back is healing! L
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:57 am

Hi,

Thanks so much. It helps to know I am not alone in this. These symptoms have been really bad this week- it could be due to what triggered the migraine or it could just be that symptoms are creeping up on me. I was able to go to a good friends wedding last weekend- it was hot, but beautiful. Anyway at the reception- the had an Elvis impersonator and as he entered the music got louder and louder and the Dad looked at me- he says I white as a sheet and sort frozen, like a dear in headlights, and I wouldn't even respond to my name, so he simply grabbed my hand and led me back to the car. Basically, I had a pretty bad sensory overload.

The headache hasn't let up at all and I am more sensitive to noise. I know I have some Bose noise cancelling headphones somewhere and will try those. I have earplugs as well. I will definitely use them. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Thanks.

This particular migraine has been horrendous. I took a short couse of decadron yesterday and am hoping that will help. I am also having to take more tylenol3, klonopin and benedryl to survive this one. I hate to take too much, but it is pretty much what I have to do so I can be well enough to help Mom. And yesterday, Mom got mad at me for taking it and told me to "perk up". Not what you want to here from a woman still having a really bad time seven weeks post-op- she is on her fourth post-op UTI, and on more pain medication than I am. I finally explained that I felt that I had to take care of her now. My brothers, though both are caring and wonderful people are not particularly good at it- so the main burden has fallen on my father, me, our incredible housekeeper. When I explained everything especially that I had to do this- she seemed to understand more, which is good.

I am going to a friend's house today-to swim, have a cookout, all that stuff. Headache or no headache, I think it will be a lot of fun and will give me a break and allow me to get out for a bit. I will take earplugs and meds with me.

Pain free days,
sailing
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:34 pm

I have the same hyper sensitivity to sounds. It is one of the ways I know a headache is coming on.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Question, update, and vent Empty Re: Question, update and vent

Post  Barb21 Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:00 am

I definitely get the light and sound sensitivity sometimes before the headache(especially the sound) or during the headache...my husband is startled sometimes when the slightest sound drives me crazy as I know what is coming...Keep your spirits up as best you can and come here for understanding and support from those of us who know what you are going through! Barbara

Barb21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down