migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather and migraine

+4
stephgood
Sara79
Brenda
Tamsha101
8 posters

Go down

Weather and migraine Empty Weather and migraine

Post  Tamsha101 Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Do any of you find that your headaches are worse in cloudy, cool, rainy weather? I know a lot of migraine sufferers including myself get headaches during barometric change but what if the week is consistently rainy and cool? We've been having this kind of weather all week and my auras and headaches have been particularly bad.

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Weather and migraine Empty Re: Weather and migraine

Post  Brenda Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Cool weather isn't a particular problem for me, but it's very common for me to have migraines on rainy days. I think any time the barometric pressure is low it affects me.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:08 pm

I follow with Brenda, it's the barometric drop that gets me, however that drop usually triggers storms and colder air, so it's whether or not the drop creates the weather or topsy turvey.

I will agree the weather is an issue for me.

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  stephgood Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:50 pm

I always have trouble when the weather is up and down or stormy and nice. If it doesn't keep on an even keel for a few days, I can feel it. Living in Ohio certainly doesn't help. I use MediClim to help track the weather for me. They send me an alert 24 hours before it is supposed to act up. I usually start feeling funky, notice the e-mail and then know why I was starting to feel bad!
stephgood
stephgood

Back to top Go down

Post  lissy Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:56 am

the heat seems to affect me more! Its been cooler here in WA the last few weeks and I've been a little better! Strange how our bodies all react differently!!!
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

Post  kathy Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:50 pm

It's been proven when the barometric pressue goes down we get migraines. Dr. oz did a demo. Let me see if I can remember it. He put a balloon in a box and some how showed how the balloon expands. It was what happens in our brains.

You can probably find it on his website. It was very fasinating.
kathy

kathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:58 pm

Definitely - rain, especially as a result of rapid changes in the weather, as we often experience here in UK, often brings on migraine. Also stormy weather is really bad for my head. Fortunately we do not have that many storms here.
I try to avoid as many triggers as possible, by eating well tried and tested foods, and avoiding smells and scents in my cosmetics and cleaning materials etc, but I can't do much about the weather.
So sorry your poor head is hurting again, Tamsha.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  riversidekid Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:34 pm

I have used and suggested wunderground for years; but recently found weatherspark which offers a more consistent scale to follow.

My migraines are worse when the graph is more vertical or jagged. When it is more horizontal I'm better off.

Document while it's happening, compare to the weather sites later.
riversidekid
riversidekid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down