migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status Migrainous

2 posters

Go down

Status Migrainous Empty Status Migrainous

Post  Tamsha101 Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Okay - I'm confused. I have been having silent migraine or migraine with aura and no headache every day since November. I've seen a neurologist, had an MRI (normal) and i see my family doctor at least once a week. I have asked if I should be concerned about this daily occurrence - whether I'll "stroke out" or something. The response I get is "your MRI is clear which means you are not having strokes", it's just daily migraine (JUST!) probably caused by the perfect storm of stress, perimenopause and neck issues.

I cant help but worry. Could this be status Migrainous? I've had migraines all my life, usually only a few a year and until just recently (six months ago) I got slammed with daily aura symptoms (strong odors, dizziness, ear ringing, numbness in hands and legs, trouble finding words, depression, anxiety) with either no headache or just moderate pain. What do you think?

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Status Migrainous Empty Re: Status Migrainous

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Status migrainous is defined as one lasting more than 72 hours, although usually are without aura and are relatively severe in intensity. Medical intervention is generally recommended. It sounds like you've tried that, to no avail.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down