migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Designated driver status

4 posters

Go down

Designated driver status Empty Designated driver status

Post  Enigma Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:56 am

I got a phone call from a friend (not close) and I was asked if I could be the designated driver for a group of 4 friends for a boxing day party......because I don’t drink.

I don’t usually drink because I get migraines and need to come and go accordingly. How awkward trying to explain this. If I am hurting, then I have to bust up the party for everyone because I have a “headache”. How sympathetic will everyone be to me when I stop the fun?

I said I will let them know the morning of the party. I guess I will see how much of a friend they really are when I say no and show up, .... or not.... I hate this disease.
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Designated driver status Empty Re: Designated driver status

Post  Petzi Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Just don't commit Enigma. You will just get stressed about having to "perform". I have been there so many times too and I have learned my lesson. "No" is the magic word.

Frohe Weihnachten
P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:42 pm

i think i'd recommend to them to take a cab.

it's not your responsibility to take take care of the boozers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:49 pm

I'm with Porsche Man on this. It seems kind of ballsy to ask you out not for your company but because you don't drink! Don't stress yourself into a headache over it! Just tell them you're not sure what your plans are, So Sorry.

My BIL chauffeurs his old boss around on New Years Eve. But there's a BIG DIFFERENCE. The group pays him generously to drive them around safely.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:47 am

Just tell them you are afraid to let them down so you don't want to commit...no need to go into it all. I think they are taking advantage of you. I'm the same way! I don't do well with the late nights & going out, so I typically avoid it all unless I'm having a good pain day and its a quieter get together early in the evening. A lot of cities have programs for free cab rides home around the holidays, so you might be able to refer them that way. At least they are thinking safe though--so many people drive under the influence it sickens me. Its our family rule to not drive after any amount of alcohol, and especially for me with my meds, its not something I want to chance. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down