migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Those With Chronic Daily Migraine...

2 posters

Go down

To Those With Chronic Daily Migraine... Empty To Those With Chronic Daily Migraine...

Post  Tamsha101 Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:33 am

When did you start getting them and were you given a reason as to why they suddenly appeared? Do you take preventatives/abortives/painkillers?

I'm trying to gain control of my 5 months of hell - hoping some of your comments/suggestions will help. Thanks!

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

To Those With Chronic Daily Migraine... Empty 12 years

Post  Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:59 pm

12 years ago they began out of the blue. i have not been given a reason. i've tried preventatives. they do nothing. i am completely housebound due to the dibilitating pain. i've tried everything. even botox. i wish i had something positive to tell you. mine have only worsened over time. the other effects have worsened also. i.e. sensitivity to light and sound. a lot of anxiety as well. g.

Back to top Go down

To Those With Chronic Daily Migraine... Empty bump...........

Post  Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:02 pm

bump

Back to top Go down

To Those With Chronic Daily Migraine... Empty Chronic Daily Migraines

Post  pilot57 Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi,

I am 53 and have had migraines since 2000. I do think I also had them as a child, but was not diagnosed at that time.

They began with a few per month and have steadily increased to the chronic daily migraine (the last 5 or so years). I have literally tried every class of preventative (some several times), narcotics and other pain meds, Botox twice, biofeedback, massage, cranio-sacral therapy, hypnosis, and probably other things I can't think of at this moment. I have also been in an in-patient treatment program at a famous headache clinic.

Nothing has helped, however, as I have recently entered menopause, the migraines seem to have morphed into a more steady state...still daily constant pain, but no trips to the ER since June...amazing for me! The neurologist I go to said she thought this would happen.

I still struggle, wearing ice on my head much of the time, and limiting my activities when I cannot function. But I do try to live life to the fullest extent possible. I have learned to push myself to be with people because if I can be out of the house, it does help me think of something beyond my hurting head and lift my spirits. I have struggled with depression as well.

I have also gone back to walking 3 or more miles/day since June. I (hopefully!) will be walking a half-marathon this weekend with my kids. It has been a great goal to work for, and has helped me to push outside of my head pain. I haven't stuck to the training schedule, but I'll be able to finish, and I have a great deal of joy from the training alone. The walking may have helped, too, with the steady state of the migraines.

I hope this helps...I am so sorry that you are suffering. As a sidebar, I also have fibromyalgia which seems to go with migraines much of the time. I hope that you will find an end to your pain soon.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like more info.

Ann

pilot57

Back to top Go down

To Those With Chronic Daily Migraine... Empty Re: To Those With Chronic Daily Migraine...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down