migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing Premonatory symptoms/aura

2 posters

Go down

Ongoing Premonatory symptoms/aura Empty Ongoing Premonatory symptoms/aura

Post  Tamsha101 Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:43 pm

I've been having a really bad bout of migraine since November. I have had an MRI in January which was normal and saw a neurologist. I am currently taking 30mg of Cymbalta to combat my anxiety trigger as well as 15 mg of nortryptaline for the migraines. I have been having premanatory migraine symptoms daily for the past 3 months or so. These basically include some dizziness, tinnitus, numbness, tingling, weak legs, phantom smells etc. They can go on ALL day however dont keep me awake at night. I sometimes get headaches, sometimes just pressure in the back of my head. The headaches I do get are not severe. I started the meds a month ago so I'm hoping they start to work soon.

I have also been taking Ibuprofen every day since November - usually one or two tablets. Do you think this daily aura stuff could be rebound from the ibuprofen? I often worry that these every day occuring symptoms could cause something more severe such as brain damage.

Stretching, yoga poses and exercise seem to relieve them somewhat but then they're back again. Does anyone else get daily symptoms like this?

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Ongoing Premonatory symptoms/aura Empty Re: Ongoing Premonatory symptoms/aura

Post  Migrainegirl Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Are you sure they are not side effects from the Cymbalta? It can produce many of those effects.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamsha101 Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:57 pm

No, the symptoms were happening before the Cymbalta.

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down