migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Numbness/tingling in face with migraine

4 posters

Go down

Numbness/tingling in face with migraine Empty Numbness/tingling in face with migraine

Post  sailingmuffin Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi All,

Does anyone else get numbness or tingling in the face with migraine? I have a pretty bad one and am experiencing this now-kind of feels like my face/head has fallen asleep. Thanks,

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Numbness/tingling in face with migraine Empty Re: Numbness/tingling in face with migraine

Post  Jewishmother Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:05 pm

I do usually starts on the left side of my lower lip and then can go down my throat. Sometimes it is just the whole left or right side of my face - never my whole face. The numbness is usually my first clue that a migraine is coming. A bit unnerving...........
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Numbness/tingling in face with migraine Empty Re: Numbness/tingling in face with migraine

Post  gopher7252 Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am

It's a prerequisite for a diagnosis of hemiplegic migraine that there is some sort of numbness/paralysis as part of the aura. As far as I know it only affects one side of the body as well. Do you feel confused right after or can't remember what happened during your migraine? That's another thing that can go along with the hemiplegic migraine. I know I'm just playing doctor, but hemiplegic migraine is my specific disorder so if you have any questions just send me a message about it Smile

gopher7252

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:30 am

My face always goes numb with a migraine..

Maybe you should talk about that with your neurologist it it's something you've never experienced before. Take care I love you

blessings,
Wendy
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:10 am

That is very good advice - any new symptoms should be discussed with a doc.......the day I woke up and could not talk I was 99% sure it was migraine related but since it was a new symptom I needed to get it checked out.
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down