migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injectables for nausea

4 posters

Go down

Injectables for nausea Empty Injectables for nausea

Post  Paradox Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Lately the nausea has been horrible. In one week I've had two full out vomiting bouts. I have 9 zofran a month. But it does no good when I throw it up. I used to have compazine suppositories but they weren't as effective. (but more effective than the zofran when it and then pain meds have been up chucked).

In the US are there any injectables that Drs will prescribe for home use? Hubby gives me my toradol shots which saves trips to ER. It would be so nice to have something quick for the nausea too.

I'm glad tonight the bout was in the evening...last week I had to leave work I was throwing up so much.

My state just voted down medical marijuana. My heart sank a little. Granted that wouldn't be an answer for work, but it would be nice to have another tool in my arsenal. I dont think I would use it for pain control. I know from my college days how much I like to eat with it and with my recent exercise and eating changes I'm worried about gaining weight . pig (I've lost ten pounds which has helped with my back pain and in turn has cut my narcotic use by a 1/3. For once a GOOD Catch-22) But it would be nice not to throw up
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Injectables for nausea Empty Re: Injectables for nausea

Post  sailingmuffin Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:07 am

Hi,

I have severe bouts of nausea and vomitting as well, though mine are not related to migraine. My doctor prescribed injectable phenergan for me to have at home. It keeps me out of the ER. So, yes, I would definitely ask about it.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Injectables for nausea Empty Zofran ODT?

Post  charmed quark Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:07 am

This version of Zofran disolves almost immediately on your tongue so it would probably work for you. I haven't tried it.

Sorry about your med. marij. law not passing. I didn't see the final results. Was it close?

My state (NJ) passed their law last year and it is STILL nowhere close to being implemented due to our governor trying delaying tactics :-( The delay has been particualry bad for people with cancer and other diseases who really had a narrow time window.

Meanwhile, I use Marinol/dronabinol for my neuropathic pain and sometimes nausea. But the capsules take 20 minutes to disolve and I often throw up the very expensive drug. I've been tempted to extract the capsule and try it again, but that would guarantee another bout of vomiting.

I worry a little about weight gain with marinol, but I generally can take a low enough dose where I get pain relief but not munchies. For nausea I need a larger dose but in that case I'm not worried about eating.

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

Post  amy Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:50 am

I know someone who uses phenergan cream that they rub on their wrists - it works really well for them. The only drawback is that it has to be compounded by the pharmacy.
amy
amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down