migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does this sould like Migraine stomach?

5 posters

Go down

Does this sould like Migraine stomach? Empty Does this sould like Migraine stomach?

Post  redzone Wed May 30, 2012 1:09 am

Been away from here a bit (funny how you come back when M's get bad again) My wife sent me back to our GP because I was having a 16 day stint of mild to medium headaches but my main complaint being daily nausea. My only time without feeling sick was for a few minutes after getting up each morning. The 16mg of Ondansetron each morning seemed to do nothing. Anyway my Dr who gets migraine headaches is thinking I have a separate stomach compaint as well as migraines as he hasnt had any patients with nausea that lasts weeks. I told him it is not unusual as many people on this forum have far worse and much longer periods of nausea. I do get heartburn and have had 2 scopes to see if I had ulcers etc but they tell me I just produce too much stomach acid and for this I take losec daily and have done for several years.
Your thoughts are very much appreciated.
By the way I took him a list of meds that I had read about on here and he has now got me on 100mg Gabapentin 3 x per day and had increased my Metaprolol from 47.5mg to 95mg per day.
Its always hard to tell whats working when you change eg: today my head it great and nausea almost completely gone but then that seems to happen after 7-15 days on.
Anyway just greatful for some relief (love this forum it really makes you feel understood) Very Happy

Chris
redzone
redzone

Back to top Go down

Does this sould like Migraine stomach? Empty stomach migraines

Post  dawn.binks Wed May 30, 2012 1:54 pm

stomach migraines are usually just asociated with children. nausea associated with migraines ease as the migriane eases.

your gp needs to look at other options as there are sooo many different things it could be.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Does this sould like Migraine stomach? Empty Re: Does this sould like Migraine stomach?

Post  Migrainegirl Wed May 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Look carefully at what meds you are taking. I was so nauseas I couldn't get out of bed for months. It turned out to be a side effect of the Lamictal I was prescribed for my migraines. I had the same effect from Topomax. Doctors often underestimate the possibility of side effects, but many of us get them, even the low probability ones.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Does this sould like Migraine stomach? Empty Re: Does this sould like Migraine stomach?

Post  redzone Thu May 31, 2012 12:16 am

Thanks for the replies so far.
My meds have now completely changed so will be intersting to see what happens now. Hopefully Losec doesnt cause nausea.
redzone
redzone

Back to top Go down

Post  ZomigMan Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:10 am

Funny... when I was younger I thought that my headaches were a by-product of having stomach issues, the result of having eaten bad or spoiled food. Of course it was the other way around, and I never thought that the stomach issues were caused by the headaches. Or that the headaches were caused by what I was eating. I have two types of Zomig, one is tablet form, and the other is a dissolvable form that does not have to get to your stomach to work. Neither causes me stomach problems... and when the migraine is gone, the stomach issues usually go away as well.
ZomigMan
ZomigMan

Back to top Go down

Post  redzone Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:10 pm

I hear you ZomigMan, I always thought the same. I did see Neuro last year and she suggested treating the nausea may help the head ache. She had no evidence to support why or how this worked other than to say a few of her clients claimed to get some relief form this Question
redzone
redzone

Back to top Go down

Does this sould like Migraine stomach? Empty Stomach Migraines

Post  Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:19 am

I too have stomach problems along with migraines but haven't found any long-term solutions. I get crampy, bloated, and constipated with certain foods but not all of the time. Sometimes it's so bad that I can't eat. I was told that I have IBS and to take lactulose when things get really uncomfortable. I have found that Beano helps with the high fiber foods. I have been told by a few medical practitioners that stomach problems are not uncommon for migrainers. I hope the nausea is getting better for you.

Back to top Go down

Does this sould like Migraine stomach? Empty nausea and migraine

Post  dizzyflower Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:59 am

just wanted to add that I get nausea with migraine too. It affects my balance too and sometimes I end up taking travel sickness tablets, although this was suggested to make my migraine worse by someone. An upset stomach seems to follow if things get really bad.

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down