migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nausea is terrible...help!

5 posters

Go down

Nausea is terrible...help! Empty Nausea is terrible...help!

Post  Dawn Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:13 am

Man the nausea is killing me. Dizziness is just as bad too. There has got to be something to help me with this during my migraine attacks. I have tried ginger and hydroxizine with no help. The promethazine helps a bit but can't take it too often in one migraine because it loses it's affects. My migraine attacks usually last 7-8 days straight...this is pure hell, and my stomach seems to be affected more than anything else.

I guess what my question is, does anyone know anything that works for the nausea? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of puking, and feeling like I have to all the time. Any kind of movement makes it worse, but even staying still subsides it only slightly.

Please, please, I'm desperate and will take any suggestions!

Dawn

pale pale
Dawn
Dawn

http://www.greenourliving.com

Back to top Go down

Nausea is terrible...help! Empty Re: Nausea is terrible...help!

Post  tortoisegirl Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Could your doctor call in a script for Zofran? That is the best rx med for me. They have a dissolving type that can help me in 10 minutes sometimes. There are also some types of rx suppositories that might be a good idea if you are having the vomiting too (I don't get that, but I actually wish I could because sometimes that helps a lot). Lately I read that peppermint oil capsules can help nausea. Just bought some but haven't tried them. Ginger and most other stuff just doesn't help me. I hope you get some relief soon! For me, nausea is much worse than pain. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Nausea is terrible...help! Empty nausea

Post  dawn.binks Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:58 pm

i do empathise with dawn, the best tx ive found is the imigran injections and they stop the nausea within minutes, i bless the day i found them. vomitting till you vomit bile is noooo joke!
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawn Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks Kate and Dawn...Those are some good ideas to bring up with my neuro whom I see on Friday...Thanks again for the suggestions.

Dawn
Dawn
Dawn

http://www.greenourliving.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:11 pm

I switched to Zofran also and get much better relief than I do with phenegran. But, my insurance is VERY stingy with them...12 a month...I guess they're about $60 a pill. But, hey, it works!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:47 pm

When my sister was on chemo, her doctor had her on Benadryl for the nausea. She said it really helped. I know phenergan is an antihistamine so maybe there's a correlation there.

Also, make sure you have something on your stomach and are hydrated. Being dehydrated can cause dizziness and nausea.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down