migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why havent I got migraine this morning?

+3
Jewishmother
Cathy
pen
7 posters

Go down

Why havent I got migraine this morning? Empty Why havent I got migraine this morning?

Post  pen Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:13 am

Isn't it bizarre? I should have had one on Tuesday and am on borrowed time.
Thought it was hitting yesterday and it eventually backed off with a couple of OTC (so it wasn't coming).
Felt sure today I would wake with it, but it hasnt come yet.
Can you beleive I am actually nervous now.

Isnt it crazy. It is like living with my own personal volcano.
I know it will erupt, and it should have already done, so now it is making me anxious,
Why cant I just enjoy the break???

Stupid woman... Wink

Can anyone relate???

pen

Back to top Go down

Why havent I got migraine this morning? Empty Re: Why havent I got migraine this morning?

Post  Cathy Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:50 am

I know exactly what you mean! They get to be such a part of our lives and the pain is so constant that when it eases up all of a sudden, it's almost scary. I feel like a turtle without a shell when I don't have that tightness and pain. Like you jumped off a cliff and are waiting to land. What a shame we just can't kick back and enjoy it. I usually try and get some housework caught up. How boring.

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Why havent I got migraine this morning? Empty Re: Why havent I got migraine this morning?

Post  pen Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:01 am

Thanks for understanding Cathy. I have now been awake hours. It is 4pm. Still lurking but not here.
I went out with the dog, not far. And I went on a short errand in the car.
I still feel like I am waiting for the hammer to fall.... Neutral

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:59 am

I know exactly how you feel! When I am expecting one to hit and it hasn't happened yet I have this running conversation in my head - will it hit soon? do I have time to get some work done? will it be worse than normal? what have I done differently to keep it at bay? etc.... It is so difficult to enjoy the non-migraine times with all those thoughts running through my head! Sometimes I wish they came on a regular schedule so that I can plan my days and have as normal a life as possible...........we all understand Pen..............
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Thanks. Well it is now 7pm and have now also, done a little housework.
Then my healer friend came over and we chatted for two hours, and it still isn't here.....

I am pleased with myself, no medication at all, BUT, still nervous....daft isnt it.......... drunken

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  WitsEnd Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:44 pm

It's not daft at all Pen. I can completely relate to this, my migraines have subsided (for now) and every time I see a funny light out of the corner of my eye or something, my stomach lurches.

I really really understand what you are saying here.

But at the same time, enjoy it and take full advantage Very Happy
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:28 pm

I hear ya! I had an unexplained one day break last Sunday. Why? Only God knows because I'll be damned if I do.
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:15 pm

I just wish I knew how I do this. You bet I would keep doing it.....but no idea at all.
Or if I even knew it was coming (the break), might get out, or even away, but again....no idea at all.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  WitsEnd Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:35 pm

Pen,

Did they come back? Or are you still having a few days off?
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Pen -Just maybe they are easing off. Our bodies are probably still adapting to the menopausal changes. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
You don't hear anyone on this panel in their 80's. Of course, they probably don't have computers either (although my grandma had one at 106).
Just enjoy your break and hope it lasts.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:44 pm

Wits End. Yes it came back on Day 8 with a vengance. I had Triptan Saturday and Sunday, okay yesterday and back today....

I do enjoy the break Linda, but I cant plan for anything still.
Plus I still have the daily head pain and the Fibro and IBS.
It seems if it is not one its another...boring...

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Pen - maybe you should get some strong pain killers and just go to lala land.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:51 pm

I think I either just came back from there, or am still there Linda... lol!

Hey wouldnt it be great if the hormones were dying off...

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Well, don't you think they will? I never heard of them raging in old people. I suppose by the time they do, we will just be plain "old".

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:58 pm

Well I have a friend who just turned 70 and she is still getting flushes (flashes to you).
I dont know how long it takes but I was told by GOOD neuro can take 10 years after last period.
I think I have 4 years to go, MAX!!!!!

What I would like to know is how I get these 7 and 8 day gaps every once in a while.
My husband charted it all out on Excel when were trying to go away.
Could suss it.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:39 pm

Pen,

For those of us whose migraines are not connected to menstrual cycles, menopause does not seem to bring any relief. And why would it if menstrual cycles are not the problem? I hope that your migraines go away after menopause, but I don't want you to be surprised if they don't.

Although I know some folks in their 80s and 90s, some of who do use the internet, none of them have migraines. What I am wondering and worrying about is if migraineurs live into their 80s. affraid

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:57 pm

HI Chris, I never had any migraine outside of my cycle. Never had one in my life until I hit peri menopause.
They started when I was about 40 and I have never found any other trigger and no genetic connection so far.
I went through a horrendous menopause when the migraines came at every hormonal opportunity.
I havent had a period for 6 years this last Februrary. I was told that my migraines were menstrual and would go.
But they havent. I am hoping that the neuro that said it can take 10 years and that might be how it is for me, is right.

I still have no apparent triggers. They come every 4 days or so, they last about 3 days.
Every once in a while I go 7 or 8 days. That is how it is. I have no idea what might help.
I live on Triptans. If you can call it living.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down