migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chiari surgery on Private Practice episode last night. Cheryl did you see this episode?

2 posters

Go down

Chiari surgery on Private Practice episode last night. Cheryl did you see this episode? Empty Chiari surgery on Private Practice episode last night. Cheryl did you see this episode?

Post  kathy Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:05 pm

Did anyone see last nights episode?
Cheryl? It was a pregnant women who couldn't tolerate any touching and wanted to end her pregnancy at I think 5 months. She had pain everywhere. One of the docs overheard and ran a scan and gave the dx. She had the surgery and when she woke up she held her husbands hand and put it on her belly. He hadn't touched her in months.

Cheryl is that accurate? They told her her brain was to big for her skull. Is this accurate at all? I have no idea about it. I know you can watch the episode on line.
Kathy

kathy

Back to top Go down

Chiari surgery on Private Practice episode last night. Cheryl did you see this episode? Empty Re: Chiari surgery on Private Practice episode last night. Cheryl did you see this episode?

Post  Anna's Mom Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:43 pm

I just watched it online.

Some things I doubt were right...the inversion therapy idea, the doctor telling the patient "you could die and your baby could die from the surgery" (that's just WAY too dramatic), pain in her abdomen from Chiari (you could have pain in your back from a syrinx), her in the sitting position during surgery (that is really "old school"), and her sitting up after surgery (you HAVE to lay flat)!

But a more realistic Chiari surgery than "House."

Chirians say their brains are too big for their skulls. But that probably isn't the most accurate way to describe it.
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down