migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Met the new neuro in the practice

2 posters

Go down

Met the new neuro in the practice Empty Met the new neuro in the practice

Post  AZgirl Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:27 pm

I had my regular 3-month office visit this week, and my neuro has a new neuro in the practice with him, so I got to meet the new guy. It was nice to have someone take a new perspective on my case.

Since I had an unusually rough patch of attacks in November, we are upping my topamax dose, getting a new CT of my brain to compare against one that is a year old, and possibly getting a new lumbar puncture, just to see where things are pressure wise.

Gotta say, I like where things are headed, this new addition to the staff is definately pro-active.

I assumed it would be the same old type of office visit where I turn in my headache diaries, get refills on my meds, and make another appointment for a month or two away. I only recently started making the appointments 3 months away, and we decided that is just too far in bewtween, and we're back to 4-6 weeks again.

Looking foward to the CT scan, hoping things are still ok, hoping the shunt for my high intracranial pressure (pseudo tumor cerebri) is still functioning properly (I think it is), losing the neurosurgeon who installed the shunt on Jan 1 due to insurance issues. Lost the first 10 pounds suggested by the neurosurgeon, still trying to lose another 20 to satisfy the neurosurgeon, which may put the high intracranial pressure into remission anyway (I can hope!).

Still getting daily headaches even with the shunt, knew that was a possibility, but the severity and frequency decreased greatly for about a year, now both have increased again. Just trying to make it through each day. Glad the new neuro is not afraid to take action and make the attempts in managing my care.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Met the new neuro in the practice Empty Re: Met the new neuro in the practice

Post  Paradox Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:19 am

I'm happy for you Very Happy

Having a Dr that is pro-active makes you feel more in-charge and hopeful.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down