migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming Off Some Meds

3 posters

Go down

Coming Off Some Meds Empty Coming Off Some Meds

Post  AZgirl Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:48 am

For insurance reasons I am tapering off topamax and will be spreading out my remaining requip (for restless legs syndrome). I didn't think the topamax tapering would be so hard, yet it is. I am hungry, and am getting hot flashes, and I am antsy (can't sit still).

I am still doing speed walking for exercise, so that should help with the withdrawl. I just need to make sure I don't eat too much while doing this. That would defeat the whole exercise thing.

In the meantime, I also hope my head doesn't get worse not being on the topamax any more. That leaves me with nortriptyline as my preventative. I wish I could get off that one, because it has weight gain as a side effect. But it actually does a good job for keeping the pain at a manageable level.

AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Coming Off Some Meds Empty Re: Coming Off Some Meds

Post  estre004 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Yes, Topamax is a weight reducer for sure. I'm sorry you have to go off of it because of insurance reasons.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:30 pm

That`s one thing that I could use right now, Topomax to loose some weight.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 pm

Kate - believe me that if you want it for the weight loss, good luck. The side effects can be horrendous. You will lose weight but you
may aslo become stupid, lost in familiar territory, depressed, have emotional outbursts, etc. etc. The nickname for it is "Dopemax". I'm not over weight so I did not want to lose weight but all food tasted bad. It was a chore to shove food down, and I love to eat. It is not fun. It does work for some people though as Angela says, so you might want to try it. Just wanted you to know it is not for everybody and you have to weigh the pros with the cons..Personally, I don't trust the effects of long time use of this drug either.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:05 pm

Ya, I`ve been on Topomax and it did nothing for me but made me loose (at tht time) to much weight. Now I could stand to loose a few pounds.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down