migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My friend commit suicide last night

+21
tecky
Petzi
VickiG
HeelerLady
estre004
alli
Richard
Ivy
Almostangela
marion
cupatea
AZgirl
crt
Sara79
lesherb
pen
Paradox
survivor
CluelessKitty
kimsmom
milo
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My friend commit suicide last night - Page 2 Empty Re: My friend commit suicide last night

Post  milo Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:17 pm

This is all just so aweful. Then to have people go onto other threads and argue about it just breaks my heart.

I'm sorry if anyone viewed my posting as inflammatory. It was not my intent.

Please, please please do not turn this thread into an argument.

I beg you.

I just can't take it right now.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

My friend commit suicide last night - Page 2 Empty Re: My friend commit suicide last night

Post  HeelerLady Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Milo,

First off I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through and how hard it is.

Second thing - don't worry about the other thread. That, I don't feel is in any way directed at you or your loss. Someone used your situation to stir up the pot on the issue and chose an inflammatory way to go about it. For that I am sorry - there really was no reason for it and people should be more sensitive to the issues that others. We have enough problems without infighting amongst ourselves over issues we are never going to agree on.

But do know you have my full sympathy. No one should have to endure what you and your friends and the dearly departed did. I can imagine that you and your friends are like family and that you are mourning the loss of a family member.

My deepest condolences on the entire situation.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Milo,
We are as devastated for the loss of your friend an as sickened by the "parents" behavior as you are.

And we are with you, sweetheart, to mourn, to support you.

Never mind the other thread - what thread? anyway. To me there is no other thread.

I was wondering about your passed away friend.
Is there anything you'd would, like to share with us about your friend with us? If that's OK, naturally.

Risa

CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Please don't be offended, as I know many of you here are well-meaning, but I just don't feel safe sharing his story here at this time.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:23 pm

Milo: Supporting you in your difficult time.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm so sorry, Milo! Just know that not all Christians are as judgmental or as cruel as your friend's parents are! I really feel bad for your loss!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:50 pm

No, no, never offended,
I understand perfectly.

Hugs, Milo.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Petzi Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:21 am

Milo,

I am so sorry! Sad

Hugs!

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:14 am

Milo,

My deepest sympathies and support.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  WitsEnd Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:27 pm

Milo, I'm sorry to hear your news. Sad
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:01 am

So my life has been a living hell this past week. Making the plans for his memorial and trying to deal with my own physical concerns has been too much.

My wife is no longer functioning due to her grief.

What a horrible, horrible thing.

I could have handled the suicide itself better, but the homophobia issue cuts me so deeply that I fear it has changed me forever.

My only hope is that his story will reach many and help change the outcome for others and that his soul is at peace wherever it may be.

Despite the few that took it upon themselves to send me hateful PM's, I have found support in many of you.

I have been very hurt, so I may need a break from the forum for a while. I just need to regain my strength so I can once again be prepared to face such rediculous hate.

I know most of you are kind and well meaning, and I truly thank you for your support.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Milo. I can't believe some would stoop so low as to send you hate mail!!!

I wish I could know who was that (I may have an idea, but no proof) so I could give them a piece of my mind.

But most of all Milo I wish I could make you see how worthless, meritless, rubbishy, manky these people are.
So manky I wouldn't bother giving them a second thought. Let alone cause you considerable distress.
Trash shouldn't be able to do that.

Please, don't allow this human garbage deprive you of what's valuable to you - and that might be this forum,
the support you get here, and people you do like.

I am so very sad your sweet wife is not functioning due to distress. And that you are upset, too.

Yes, hate is stupid. Is stupid because it comes from stupidity. and fear, and ignorance.

I'll be here whenever you are back. You are welcome to PM or email me if you wish. My thoughts are with you and your wife. Love,

Risa

CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:29 pm

Risa said it perfectly, Dear Milo.

I'm sorry you have so much to deal with. You know, our pain is tough to handle, but I think it's even harder to watch our spouses struggle. It so frustrating not to be able to fix things for the one we love the most.

I'm appalled some one on this forum that I love so much used it to hurt you. I would love to know their rationale. On second thought, no...I want no part of their hate.

Hugs and much love to you and your wife as you struggle to see the blue skies again. I'll be here when you can return with open arms.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:59 pm

Hang in there, my friend.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Milo,

I'm so sorry that someone is so horrifically cruel that he or she or they found it necessary to beat on you further when you already lie shattered on the ground - bruised, bleeding, and broken. I am sending healing thoughts your way: to you, your wife, and to those who loved and supported your departed friend.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Milo, I will not pretend to understand the devastating feelings you are going through right now. I can only imagine them. It is utterly frustrating to know one of the people who participates here has taken it upon him or her self to send you a private message and hurt you that way.

This forum is such an island of peace for so many. Considering the chronic pain most of us endure, there is no excuse for anyone to dump any more on you (or anyone else). Please accept my apologies on behalf of that person.

I hope you and your wife will soon find solace in the memory of your friend's life. Please know there are people here who respect you. Don't allow the ugliness of a few to affect the beauty of this forum.

All my best,
£eslie
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi Milo,
No loved ones death is easy, having to cope with grief and then on top having to cope with compounding issues, such as you have, can very easily led to despair. It just gets too hard.
The only advice I can offer is to surround yourself and particularly your partner with the people you love and who love you.
Losing trust that there isn't anyone out there who understands gets very easy at these times.
Make sure you have lots of quiet nights in with friends who are special, so that you and your partner can regain the belief that there are people out there that do care. Talking things through with these people really will help.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:01 am

Milo,
unfortunately the world is full of frustrated, sad and oppressed people who have nothing else but throwing venenom on others to feel alive.
These people make me sick and angry on one side, but they make me feel pity for them on the other side.
It must be horrible to live always with that hate and rage inside and it must be horrible not to be able to enjoy wonderful feelings of genuine friendship, mutual comprehension and human empathy.
I'm glad that most of us are instead still able to listen, to give, to support and to love despite our disease is not always helpful to be a good human....

I'm praying for your friend and I'm sending you all my sympathy and my moral support.

Take care.

P.S.: I hope you'll be back soon. I already miss you!

Last edited by Ivy on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:32 am

Ivy - well put.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  lostinobx Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:14 am

Milo,

I have been MIA for awhile because of all the stress I have been under...more than before. Anyway, I wanted to offer my condolences to your friend's famiily and to you.

I cannot imagine how hard this must be, especially for a dear friend like you.

People who don't understand the struggle that these people go through day in and out cannot imagine how hard it is to finally come out.

You are a dear person and I know your friend would and does appreciate your uncondtional love - no matter what their life style is or was, as it should be. It has NO bearing on the type of person that person is/was.

You are in my thought and prayers.

Hugs!!

lostinobx

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:58 am

Milo - My daughter witnessed a suicide sort of along the same line. The victim wasn't gay but came from a
criminal family who actually brought him up to be a criminal. He wasn't cut out to be one. I think the majority of
how we are genetically wired is how we live our lives, not the environment. They made him wear his hair in a long
ponytail and told him if he ever cut it off they would disown him. After a couple suicide attempts he finally succeeded.
He cut his hair first and then took a gun out and shot himself. He couldn't live with the guilt. My daughter was in shock.
It has taken her along time to process this but is finally coming around. I can't imagine any parent being this way.
And even worse, the only reason being that your friend was gay. To me that is like disowning your child because they
have blond hair. Well, they are paying the price now. Too bad it was at your friend's expense.

Hope you are doing well.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  WitsEnd Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:40 pm

paradox wrote:

I'm appalled some one on this forum that I love so much used it to hurt you.

I couldn't agree with this more. Words fail me. Question

Pay no attention to small minds.
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:19 am

Missing you, Milo.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:23 pm

We had the celebration of life last night and it was beautiful.

I have decided to find a new home and am eyeing

http://migrainehelp.forumotion.net

It has almost the exact same format, so it would be easy for Rhondonians to participate without feeling too much change. The color is different so people could still stay on both and always know which is which.

It also has photo galleries as well as live chat.

I hope you join me there Smile
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

My friend commit suicide last night - Page 2 Empty don't let the bully win

Post  lentils Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:05 pm

missed you, Milo. I will check it out.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next