migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential New Friend

5 posters

Go down

Potential New Friend Empty Potential New Friend

Post  AZgirl Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:33 pm

Friday my kids have the day off from school.

Later in the month my older daughter has a birthday and we are planning a slumber party for her. One of the girls we invited has accepted the invitation, and her mom has requested a "getting to know you" playdate before the sleepover. I was highly impressed that she wanted to do this.

So on Friday, the mom and daughter (and an additional son) are coming over to our house where my two daughters will play with their kids and the mom and I will visit. After we visit, we're all going to Build A Bear for a little fun.

So not only do I get to meet the mom of my daughter's friend, I potentially get a new friend myself. It has been more than one school year since we left the smaller school my kids used to go to, where everyone knew everyone else, and the children were dismissed from the classroom door, forcing the parents to get to know each other while waiting for the bell to ring. At the new school my kids take the bus home so I don't have the opportunity to meet the other parents, and even if I did, the dismissal is from the classroom directly to the awaiting parents' cars in the long line of traffic.

So wish me luck in what feels like an interview. I hope I come off as warm and friendly. May this be the first of many outings with this family.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Potential New Friend Empty Re: Potential New Friend

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:06 am

Smart mom.
Nowadays, you never know who'se house your kid is going to. her wanting to meet you before hand is a sign of being thoughtful and responsible.
And since you are too, Lynelle, no wonder it resonates positively with you.

I hope indeed she will be as nice as you think, and you two will become a good friends, along with the kiddies.

Risa

CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Potential New Friend Empty parents

Post  dawn.binks Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:54 pm

glad youre meeting the parents, we dont live far from our sons school and so know all the parents from the school gate but would never let him stay at a home where wed never met the family and been to each others homes first. its a big thing entrusting your child to someone elses care.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:09 am

What a nice opportunity to meet someone who is in the same wave length.

I always get excited when I meet a potential new friend.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Everything went sooo well. We had a lot to talk about, have some things in common, and will be getting the kids together again in the future. I'm pleased at how it all went.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:19 pm

Yeah, Lynelle! I'm so glad that you found a new friend! I know from my own personal experience how much that can mean! And I agree that this woman was smart and being a good mother wanting to meet her daughter's friend's mom.
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down