migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraines on vacations

+3
dawn.binks
pen
Kate
7 posters

Go down

Migraines on vacations Empty Migraines on vacations

Post  Kate Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:52 am

So, I`m really starting to think that vacations are a waste of time for me. Every vacation I go on I get a migraine and it doesn`t go away. What do you guys think about this? Do you think that vacations are just a waste of time when all you do is have a m everyday during the whole vacation?

Kate

Back to top Go down

Migraines on vacations Empty Re: Migraines on vacations

Post  pen Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:18 am

Yes, we gave up on any big travel in 1994.
This year I had to quit on a trip north, just couldnt do it.

pen

Back to top Go down

Migraines on vacations Empty holidays

Post  dawn.binks Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:25 pm

after 16 years of marriage and hols each year we eventually had our first mig free one last year after i got the occ nerve blocks!! worth waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:28 pm

It's hit and miss for me.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Agree, it's hit and miss. Even if I'm more migrainous than migraine free, though, I still don't think they're a waste of time. I enjoy so many aspects of vacations. For example, the last "big" vacation I took was 4 years ago, give or take, and I took my mom to London for a week. She'd never been out of the country, and I doubt very much she ever would've gone on her own. It was well worth the pain for me to give her that experience and to share with her and its something I'll cherish after she's gone . I had some bad days, but it was still worth it. I guess that's something everyone has to decide for themselves.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  survivor Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:34 am

I agree with hit or miss. I suppose I should say it is "hit". If it is a very short vacation - like a long weekend - I might make it through without collapsing but will afterward. Otherwise it is a given and people I travel with know this.

That is why I only go with people willing to "take care of me."

I am scheduled to go to Vegas next month. I am really afraid of this trip. But my best friend and her brother asked me to go and it is a hell of a year for them. One parent died, one has lung cancer metatisized to brain. If they go, I am going.

It is so I can manage a life of some sort my neuro upped my breakthrough pain meds.

survivor

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:52 pm

I think a lot of how you handle holidays depends where your up to in life. I still work full time - holidays are my saviour. If I couldn't dream of my next holiday my depression level would be down round my ankles.
When I'm away on holidays I can sit, do nothing. If I stay home on holidays I'll feel I should do something. Will cook, clean etc etc.
Going away and wandering slowly around a new place with no phones, no customers - bliss beyond bliss.
Our last trip was nearly two years ago and can't say that I was well, felt awful in fact, but I didn't have to DO anything so it was just wonderful.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:26 pm

Good point, Marion, about not having to do anything on vacation. You just do whatever is planned into your trip. Usually our trips are leisure trips, and not on the adventure-side so we do very little.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down