migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cymbalta - Anyone here taking it?

+4
Paradox
Migrainegirl
rileyoday
02R96
8 posters

Go down

Cymbalta - Anyone here taking it? Empty Cymbalta - Anyone here taking it?

Post  02R96 Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:41 pm

My counselor suggested this might be a helpful drug considering my migraines, body aches and depression. I was wondering if anyone here was using it and what your experience has been.

I made an appointment for tomorrow to talk to my PCP about it.
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Cymbalta - Anyone here taking it? Empty cymbalta

Post  rileyoday Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:27 pm

I took this in early 07 for six months. I did not get any relief from M. I was 4-5 a week and daily HA. It is an anti depressant and has side effects to be aware of. Also if you take triptans with it beware of seratonin syndrome.

About your other post I also suffered the lost of friends family job and was very tired of all my bad days. I was still trying new things and suddenly found one that worked preventive and abortive. But I really had almost given up. So keep tryin things maybe its the next one.

Also I was not even scheduled to see that Dr. he was filling in for a new Dr I had. I take clonodine 3 x day. I hope for your relief soon.

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Cymbalta - Anyone here taking it? Empty Re: Cymbalta - Anyone here taking it?

Post  Migrainegirl Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:59 pm

I tried it for about2 months. It gave me a bad case of restless leg syndrome which made it very difficult to sleep. I would lie awake until about 2-3 in the morning unable to keep still. No help with the headaches. It may work for you though
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Cymbalta was a wonder drug for me for about five years. Then it quit working. I was my healthiest, most energetic , most vibrant on Cymbalta.

I haven't been on it for over five years. I wonder if it would work again?
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:04 pm

i tried it for a short time.

caused elevated heart rate and bp.
extreme heart burn.
couldn't sleep.

it didn't really do much for my migraines.

your mileage may vary.

good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:06 pm

It didn't help my son's migraines....but didn't make him feel worse or have any bad side effects. The problem came when he had to STOP taking it. That was at least 4 weeks of him feeling pretty ill (dizzy, vision was off, felt sick). It's very hard to stop taking it but if you know that ahead of time, maybe you can go really slowly when you decide to stop taking it. I was so hopeful that it would help his migraines, but unfortunately, I don't think it did. It may help you though - it might be worth a try.
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:41 pm

Ditto what Riley said. I was on it for a while, didn't help me, and I was concerned about serotonin syndrome too. In the end, decided it was not worth giving up the triptans, which helped me more, for Cymbalta, which didn't help me very much at all.
But as it does seem to help some people, you have to weigh the good and bad for yourself. If you don't take triptans, it might not be as big a dilemma for you.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:38 pm

Well today I was started on Cymbalta. Hopefully it will help break this spiral of migraines and depression I seem to be in. I went from 178 Lbs to 160 over the last few months. Not that I mind loosing some baby fat, but not this way.

So I was in luck, the drug rep was just there so they had plenty of samples. I was given six weeks worth. By three I should start to notice a change. Geeze I hope so, I'm so tired of being sick and tired. Yeah I know that was a cliche' but it's the truth.

Included in the box was a 12 x 24 sheet of "information" about the drug. Why do I feel like I'm going to turn into a mutant ninja turtle? lol!
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:10 am

It's great for depression but in my case it worsened migraine to the point that I had to quit almost cold turkey after 3 months.
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:16 am

I was given that for fibromyalgia and the migraines..to help with chronic pain. For me personally, it didn't help me in either direction.

Hoping, that this helps you..everyone reacts differently to medications.

blessings,
greeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:39 am

Thanks for the support. So far so good; I've taken 30mg twice now with no noticeable side effects (unlike the triptans I've tried). After two weeks at 30mg I move up to 60mg per day.
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:21 am

Dan, I hope you have the success I had with it. cheers
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down