migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on my chronic headache/migraines and Botox

5 posters

Go down

Update on my chronic headache/migraines and Botox  Empty Update on my chronic headache/migraines and Botox

Post  Tngirl83 Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:26 am

So I went for my first round of Botox on July 27. Neuro was extremely positive and said I may see difference in one week, possibly two. He then said that he has another patient with chronic migraines as well that had success with 4 or 5 days but not to expect results that soon.

So the shots were nowhere near as painful as I expected. And to be completely honest I was so depressed since I have had a constant daily headache since march that I wasn't even expecting the Botox to work. So that was Tuesday.

Woke up Wednesday and all day no difference. Thursday no difference and a horrible migraine, vomitting and all. Friday woke up with the always present daily headache. Went to work. Started getting the blurry vision, the dizziness and the nausea. I knew it was coming but it never did. I still had the daily headache but the migraine never came. Weird. That has never happened. Not gonna get my hopes up but neuro said this may be sign that botox is starting to work.

Alarm goes off Saturday morning and I get up and get ready for work and as I am packing my lunch I realize that for the first time since march my head IS NOT HURTING!!! Ok I'm not gonna get too excited cause I'm expecting at any point for a migraine to come roaring back.

Well it's now been a little over a week and I am happy to report that I have not had one migraine. I have had some head pain at times that feels like it could turn into a migraine but it never progresses. It comes and goes but I can handle this.

Neuro did say if I get any relief in first two weeks that by end of first month I would see maximum relief. I am staying on topamax to help keep any potential migraines away or at a minimum. I have a new suppository for nausea if I need it and the sumavel dosepro injection pens I have he told me to use for either my severe vomitting which would help or at the beginning of a migraine.

Well I thought I would give an update. Hope everyone has a good week.
Tngirl83
Tngirl83

Back to top Go down

Update on my chronic headache/migraines and Botox  Empty Re: Update on my chronic headache/migraines and Botox

Post  HeelerLady Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:17 am

Hooray! So glad you've gotten some relief! cheers
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Update on my chronic headache/migraines and Botox  Empty Re: Update on my chronic headache/migraines and Botox

Post  sherri b Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:13 pm

That's awsome Becky! So glad you are feeling some relief.

I tried the Botox, 3 times, it did what you are saying for about 3 weeks, that was it for me.... Hoping you get total relief from it!! Many do!

Sherri b
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:58 pm

That is wonderful Becky. I hope it keeps going like that! Let us know. I've never had it and I'm skeptical.
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  Tngirl83 Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Thanks. Unfortunately I have a bad M today. Grrr. Hoping it's just one day. Thankfully I don't have to work and I have been on the couch all day. One thing I have noticed about this M though is that even though the pain is about a 5/10, it sure beats the old 9/10 I was having. Med kicking in so I'm gonna sleep.
Tngirl83
Tngirl83

Back to top Go down

Update on my chronic headache/migraines and Botox  Empty botox

Post  lentils Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi Becky,
I'm glad the botox helped. Hope the migraine you did have is gone now.
lentils

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down