migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of med's

5 posters

Go down

Out of med's Empty Out of med's

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:41 am

Out of med's, my Dr. is on vacation, I'm at work and I'm getting a doozy behind my right eye.

Here's to hoping, hoping, hoping who ever is on call for my Dr. will do my refill!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Out of med's Empty Re: Out of med's

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:43 am

Okay, it's been called in. Now the trick will be if my insurance will let me pick it up!

Charlotte Mad
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:49 am

I feel ya Charlotte, this will be my third narcotic this month. I wonder if my insurance will be
okay with that. I just called my neuro. He's not in, I spoke with the PA. So far we've tried vicodin,
and Nucynta and she goes well we're struggling with options here. It looks like we've tried everything.

I hate fighting, so I just said, "Listen. I had a migraine so bad that I couldn't be in the room while my
daughter opened her gifts for the first time in her life. I missed it, and now I have to watch it on a
video tape. Can you at least give me something so I don't have to watch the video tape in pain? I
know there are more than two drugs out there."

She settled and gave me Fioricet with Codeine. Hope it works Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:16 pm

I hope it works for you too. Many years ago I had quite good success with fioricet. And did well with it for about ten years. I'm so sorry you missed sweet Gia's present opening.

Of course, the insurance said it was to soon for a refill. Even the pharmacist was puzzled. I've been dealing with this pharmacist for quite a while now and she was good enough to give it to me and not turn it into insurance. The last time that happened, the pharamcist wouldn't let me (he was new to the pharmacy). Of course I had to pay full price for it, but unfortunately it's the only thing that works.

At this point I'm quite tempted to go to a different pharmacy and just say I don't have insurance, and pay full price each time. It would avoid the headache when I already HAVE a massive headache.

I feel like crying...

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:53 pm

If your doctors allow you to use narcotics and none of them are working anymore. Ask them if you can try Nubain injections. It used to work for me (before a different doc took me off). You have to be able to give yourself an injection though. Worth a shot if you're really miserable.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:10 pm

I had nubain in the ER once. It worked wonders. I can't give myself injections, but hubby taught himself how.

The narcotics still work, but I'm building up a tolerance to them so they're not as effective.

How often were you allowed to take the Nubain? Can you take it in addition to narcotics, kind of as a last resort?

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:39 pm

Neutral

I'm sorry.
Is your prescription very expensive?
Maybe you can look into those non-insurance prescription plans.
Sometimes they do generics very cheap at supermarket pharmacies and
that would certainly save you the headache. After all, if you reach your quota there
you just pay full price no questions asked no drama. It would probably be just as cheap as
your insurance copay anyhow. Its vicoprofen you take, right?

I hope you feel better soon
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:00 pm

Charlotte........Hope you're feeling better. I'm glad the pharmacist was understanding and was able to give you your prescription. It's so irritating to be told insurance won't allow you to get a refill of your prescription.

Lovegia......I'm so sorry you missed you're little one's first Christmas opening gifts. I hope the new meds will allow you to have some relief so you don't miss anything--they're so much fun at this age.

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Maybe you can look into those non-insurance prescription plans.
Sometimes they do generics very cheap at supermarket pharmacies and
that would certainly save you the headache. After all, if you reach your quota there
you just pay full price no questions asked no drama.

Now, that's something worth considering...

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down