migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't sleep again...

2 posters

Go down

Can't sleep again... Empty Can't sleep again...

Post  Tngirl83 Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:13 am

Once again I'm awake and can't sleep. It's almost 3 am here. My head feels like it could explode at any moment. Finally able to see straight now. It's been double vision and wavy lines and dots all day.

For those that have read previous posts of mine you know that I also have endometriosis. Well I had my first shot of lupron about 3 weeks ago. The hot flashes are extremely annoying and I'm afraid that the shot may be instensifying my migraines. Have to get 3 shot total before we know for sure. Second shot is next Wednesday.

Called my neuro the other day to check in and let him know I'm still in pain and to see if I could get in again before the end of July. He tried to fit me in but because I'm already close to losing my job and with his busy schedule already there wasn't any sooner appointments. So the end of July it is.

I will be getting my first round of Botox at this appt. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works. He also wanted to know how the topamax was working. I have now been on it long enough that I should be getting results. Told him no difference and I just entered week 16 of this migraine. He's leaving me on it until my appt to see if maybe it works but he wasn't hopeful about it.

Had checkup with my GP yesterday and he said that neuro sent him notes back updating him on everything and mentioned sending me to headache clinic at a university hospital if the Botox doesn't work out or while I'm taking Botox injections.

Neuro and I have already discussed that Botox injections for me is possibly last resort until new meds are developed. I have either taken every migraine abortive or prevetive or am not allowed to take due to other meds or medical conditions.

My M pain is about an 8/10 everyday. The pain keeps me from sleeping, yet when I don't sleep it makes the pain even worse. How is that fair?

What did I do to deserve this curse? I am only 26 years old and I am spending my life on the couch or bent over the trashcan and the world is passing me by. I have dealt with these monsters for over half of my life. For once I would like to just be a normal person and not miss out on life.

Sorry I needed to vent.

Guess I'm gonna go back to the couch now. The double vision is coming back
Tngirl83
Tngirl83

Back to top Go down

Can't sleep again... Empty Re: Can't sleep again...

Post  dcook60 Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:09 am

your post is so sad, and deserves a reply. i surely "get" the not-sleeping part. since age 45 or so (i'm now 70) i've had countless nights of literally no sleep at all. or else very very fitful half-sleep. in bed for 11 hours, for instance, sleeping about 2 of those.

naturally, one cannot sleep soundly through severe pain as you have. you sound too young to have major sleep disorders, but i wonder if you could talk with your doctors about this possibility also? could your breathing be disordered? sleep studies are the new fad, and sleep clinics are springing up everywhere. perhaps if it's warranted you could have an overnight study, at least to rule out apnea or other diagnoses.

myself.....have had 5 overnight sleep studies and still can't sleep......that's because i can't take any of the drugs that really work. i struggle along taking antihistamines, which help some.

i'm praying with you that the botox works magic for you, and that you find something soon. not sleeping puts the icing on the horror cake, doesn't it? everything looks much bleaker at night. with hope for you and your head, dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tngirl83 Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:29 pm

I had a sleep study done about a year and a half ago and I don't have sleep apnea. They did have me on oxygen when I slept at night but that actually made my headaches worse. I had to wear a little thing on my finger for a day or so and overnight that monitered my oxygen levels and since the oxygen wasn't helping me sleep they decided I could stop using. That was a year ago.

My doc put me on effexor about a month ago cause I'm depressed. Go figure. I'm in constant pain. I also have a lot of panic and anxiety attacks. And is hoping that it will help with my sleep maybe as it did in past when I took it. I can tell a difference in my mood but I'm sorry but no matter how much medicine you put me on I'm still gonna be depressed because of the pain. Who wouldn't be?! I think all of us here are.

Anyways it's been a long day at work and with only a few minutes of sleep last night, I am heading to bed with hopes of maybe passing out from exhaustion. Sweet dreams everyone!!
Tngirl83
Tngirl83

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down