migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My invisable handicap - rant

3 posters

Go down

My invisable handicap - rant Empty My invisable handicap - rant

Post  Hal Fri May 28, 2010 12:04 am

You can not see my handicap, I do not walk with a seeing eye dog to guide me, limp or need a wheel chair.

When I am suffering greatly, every step is excruciating. However you could not tell by looking at me.

I have learned to hide the pain fairly well, but it doesn't make it go away.

When the pain is very, very bad, I vomit. Then you might think I have the flu, but I am not contagious.

You do not look sick, some will say, so what is the big deal? They just can not understand.

Third day on a migraine and the pain is ramping up.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

My invisable handicap - rant Empty Re: My invisable handicap - rant

Post  Ivy Fri May 28, 2010 12:18 am

Hal,
hang in there.
It's a bad time for most of us.
The last 2 weeks have been horrible for me, too. I got 8 attacks. I normally get 5/6 attacks in a MONTH.

I have just sit at my desk in the office and my head is hurting. Not migraine yet, but stiffneck/jaw pain/teeth ache....All prodromes to a bad one.
I'm sipping paracetamol, I hope it helps me at least a bit to go through the first meeting of the day. I can't get into the conference room with the side effects of cafergot (dizziness, vomit, aphasia, sweating....). Let's see what happens

I hope that by the end of the day we all feed better and enjoy the beginning of the week end Smile
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Fri May 28, 2010 11:15 am

Its funny that you mentioned this because I was just having a conversation with someone today and I have a good size m. The person would have never known that I was in pain because I try to act normal as possible.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Fri May 28, 2010 4:34 pm

Kate,

I learned at a young age to pretend not to have a bad migraine. My step father used to beat the crap out of me because he thought I was pretending to avoid doing chores. What an ass. I would just do the chores until the pain would get so bad, I would barf all over whatever was at hand. That really made him mad.

Hal

Last edited by Hal on Fri May 28, 2010 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Fri May 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Hal, I`m so sorry that happened to you. What a jerk!

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Fri May 28, 2010 10:15 pm

That was a lifetime ago
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down